The Director, PMO is responsible for the overall project and program management function and team; providing leadership, coordination, strategic direction, and management of all PMO processes and functions. Working with a broad group of business, product and technology leaders, this individual will ensure prioritization and successful delivery of initiatives across the Legal vertical at Internet Brands.
- Prioritize, execute, and deliver projects within multiple areas of the company.
- Strategically advise on projects priorities, options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impacts on other business priorities.
- Ensure alignment of projects and requirements to strategic objectives.
- Provide transparent frequent updates, manage sponsor expectations, and keep all stakeholders informed of the progress of all projects.
- Lead the identification and implementation of the project management processes and methodologies best suited to support the evolving needs of product and project delivery teams.
- Oversee project management team, providing insight to project management practices, training and oversight.
- Direct the management, implementation, and reporting of multiple large and complex projects: develop timelines, make staffing decisions based on assessment of team member's skills and workloads, and identify potential obstacles.
- Provide training and development opportunities and serve in a mentoring role for the team.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing programs with multiple projects/work streams (ideally in a web/software company).
- Demonstrated experience and implementation success with various agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong ability to use project management tracking and reporting tools such as JIRA.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI-ACP preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Master’s in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus.
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects from inception to completion, and manage multiple deadlines between cross functional teams.
- Demonstrates skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and thrives on multitasking.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.