Senior PHP Developer
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Senior PHP Developer to help shape the development of our engineering team. As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be a key member of our top-shelf engineering team with lots of growth potential. You will be joining a team committed to working on high-quality code and will work closely with the product team to develop new features for our platform.
- In-depth knowledge (5+ years of experience) in LAMP technology.
- Technical proficiency required with the following: Linux, Apache/NGINX web servers, PHP, PostgreSQL, MySQL/Maria DB database design/administration.
- Web service integration using technologies such as REST, XML, SOAP.
- AJAX application including parsing and rendering JSON and XML.
- Leadership skills; experience mentoring and leading other developers.
- Experience in the full life cycle of software development; requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation.
- Familiarity with process modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of code and release management.
- Strong creative problem-solving ability.
- Experience in creating software architecture documents or other design artifacts.
- Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively with a distributed team (local & offshore).
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to have:
- Front-end Technologies: Frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js; Tools such as Webpack, Yarn, Gulp.
- Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
- Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
- Systems integration.
- Distributed systems.
- Service-oriented architecture.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Unit testing.
- Load testing.
- Page load optimization.
- Responsive design.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.