Project Manager, Content Ops
Fodor’s Travel has been a leader in expert travel for 80 years and is part of digital media powerhouse Internet Brands. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budgets in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. And we deliver our expertise in every format that travelers need, from print guidebooks and eBooks, to Fodors.com and our social media platforms.
Fodor’s seeks a Content Operations Manager to join our premier travel content team. You’ll be working directly with the core Fodor’s destination guides that appear in our guidebooks, in our apps, and on our website. You’ll be the main point of contact for content management and involved in all day-to-day operational aspects of a large scale content production team. This role requires the perfect combination of creative and analytical skills; the ability to see the big picture, but also obsess about the details. Join us and help define how publishing is done in the digital age!
- Project manager for Fodor’s in-house Content Management System.
- Identify opportunities for automation/optimization of content processes to support a world-class content production team.
- Coordinate between editorial and development teams to Identify and fix production bugs and data issues.
- Work closely with the editorial/content , business, and tech teams to identify priorities and get things done.
- Develop and maintain processes to transform content for various publication channels.
- Act as the point person for the editorial team to reach out to about questions/requests related to the CMS.
- Train team members on processes and tools.
- Help define and implement the overall vision for the Fodor’s CMS, collaborating with vendors and key stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of experience in project management.
- Hands-on problem solver who can handle all manner of daily issues that arise.
- Hyper-organized project manager who can juggle many things at once, work cross-functionally, build partnerships and share knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to report to multiple stakeholders across the company.
- Tech savvy with the ability to learn new applications quickly, teach others, and recommend improvements.
- A “people person” with a can-do attitude who can work with all personality types in a fast paced environment.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.