Data Analytics Manager, Personalization - WebMD
Internet Brands/WebMD/Medscape is looking for a Data Analytics and Personalization Manager to join our Los Angeles-based headquarters.
The Ideal Candidate:
You are an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You have a passion for manipulating large volumes of data, building dashboards, and have a consistent focus on efficiency. You easily understand requirements and communicate the progress and status of your work. You have a bias for action and know when to apply the 80/20 rule. You’re also a great teammate who likes a rapidly changing environment and wants to join a company that offers a ton of opportunities to build your skills.
The Data Analytics and Personalization Manager primary role is to be responsible for insights and analysis support. To achieve this, they will provide guidance to other analysts on the team or by directly providing the information. This position requires an ability to understand the key metrics of a business and interpret the results to the business owners. They will work in a project team-oriented and dynamic environment which will require working closely with other teams and adjusting to new developments as they arise. Various software packages and tools will be utilized in order to collect, mine, and report on this data. Strong analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines is critical for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Provide insightful summaries and next step recommendations of projects to the business owners.
- Create insightful, easy to understand visualizations that provide performance, trending and benchmarking analysis to meet business needs.
- Manage and/or mentor other analysts in generating visualizations, analysis and insights.
- Support the business with time-critical data analyses.
- Performing advanced analysis of web traffic, email engagement, and app engagement data to understand and measure the success of programs, including click through analysis, retention, re-engagement and A/B testing.
- Become a subject matter data (and business) expert related to appointed areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with agile engineering teams to design flexible solutions to support analytic needs.
- Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations to what-if scenarios, to deep dives, uncovering patterns in order to identify trends and new opportunities.
- Experience (6+ years) in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills including experience in supporting and communicating data-driven analyses to various departments and stakeholders
- Highly Proficient (3+ years) with creating, maintaining, and optimizing Tableau workbooks.
- Highly Proficient (4+ years) in using SQL for data analysis and reporting.
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Must be proficient with advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps
- Excellent business and product sense
- Experience using web analytic tools (Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics)
- Experience working with Marketing, Product, and Sales teams.
- Experience managing other business intelligence analysts
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.