Mid-Level UX Researcher - Avvo
Avvo is looking to add a full-time User Experience Researcher to the UX research team.
Research at Avvo exists to generate insights that inspire new ideas and to guide the direction of user experience and content. Avvo is an online marketplace and leader in legal tech. We help consumers through their legal journey-- from researching their legal situation to hiring and working with an attorney. We help attorney better connect with clients through an online presence.
We’re looking for someone who can own the research process. This includes working with teams to understand research objectives, designing and conducting a study, and providing actionable recommendations. Research plays a consultative role, providing insights that are grounded in an understanding of the customer while guiding teams and stakeholders toward a design or business decision.
Strong understanding of current research methodologies
- Define and consolidate qualitative research, including evaluative research (remote and lab-based usability, concept testing, etc), and generative research (field studies, interviews, etc.), to provide insights for requirements definition, content strategy, wireframes, visual and interaction design
- Work closely with partners across multiple product teams to clearly define and prioritize user research questions, then outline and schedule research studies
- Work with your mentor or manager to identify and recommend the best methods to answer UX product research questions and prioritize them according to schedule and opportunity constraints
- Be accountable for running and ensuring the quality of user research within your area of focus
- Consolidate research findings into a short, concise, actionable recommendations product teams
- Ensure research is stored and accessible to all team members
- This is an individual contributor role
- 3+ years experience as a UX Researcher, in-house and team-based.
- Handle all aspects of research including study design, recruitment, facilitation, recommendations, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of qualitative methods and familiarity with quantitative research methods such as A/B testing and surveys.
- Communicate research findings and recommendations in a way that motivates teams to take action.
- Self-directing and assertive, favor action over perfection.
- Mobile testing methods including both mobile web and apps.
- Ecommerce or marketplace experience a plus
- A degree in HCI, User-Centered Design, Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, or related field is preferred.
- Understanding of basic statistics
- Understanding of quantitative research practices, including data analytics and a/n testing
We want to see your work. In your portfolio, we'll be looking for:
- Ability to communicate your ideas; be it slide decks, infographics, personas, sketching, or interpretive dance.
- What was the outcome of your work? Examples of how you impacted the product or business.
- Experience with a variety of products and platforms (responsive web, iOS, etc.).
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.