Manager, IT Operations (Linux)
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Manager, IT Operations to manage our Linux virtual private cloud. The ideal candidate will maximize uptime with minimum effort and will thrive in a dynamic environment. Additionally, the right person will be able to investigate and resolve system related issues expediently; ensure that systems remain stable, secure and fast; and integrate and leverage new technologies.
As Manager, IT Operations you will lead the team responsible for all Linux systems used in production, staging, and development environments. You will be supporting a 24x7 network of websites which attracts over 100 million unique visitors each month.
- Management of a team of Linux administrators and NOC technicians.
- Setup, configuration, general maintenance and troubleshooting of all Linux systems.
- Administration of server, network and storage hardware.
- Management of operating systems and system applications.
- Assisting DBAs, Developers and QA users, with application operation, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more systems such as Monitoring, Configuration Management, Load Balancing, Network and Application Security, Storage Management, Infrastructure Automation, Application/Language Support, and/or Site Migrations.
- Respond to service outages.
- Manage internal systems such as DNS.
- Performance tuning of applications such as Apache, Tomcat, nginx, and varnish.
- Experience with highly available, on-prem Linux environments.
- Familiarity with management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- At least 5 years of on-the-job experience with RedHat/CentOS Linux.
- Knowledge of managing and configuring storage systems, ideally NetApp.
- Ability to lift and install Server, Storage, and Network Hardware into racks.
- Basic familiarity with at least one monitoring platform, preferably nagios.
- Familiarity with at least one Linux virtualization stack, preferably KVM.
- Experience with load balancing hardware, preferably F5.
- Working knowledge of at least one RDBMS, eg MySQL, Postgres, etc..
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- BS or equivalent work experience.
- Professional demeanor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of security best practices and forensic techniques, eg, tcpdump, wireshark, iptables, ipset.
- Scripting in at least one language other than BASH, eg Python, Perl, PHP.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.