Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently looking for a Java Developer. The ideal candidate will have experience using Java in a fast-paced web/SaaS environment, with a strong ability to prioritize tasks with minimal guidance, and communicate effectively with both technical and business personnel.
- Develop a performant and scalable product platform for high-volume consumer websites.
- Use Spring Java frameworks to develop REST api web services.
- Manage data in databases and datastores such as MySQL and SOLR.
- Collaborate closely with product management in defining new product features and specifications.
- Develop unit tests and work with Quality Assurance to test functional product features.
- Work alongside web operations on bug fixes and deployment of new releases and application management.
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Proven ability with REST web service development in Java.
- Strong operational knowledge of Spring Framework Projects and JPA/Hibernate.
- Experience with React is not required, but is highly desirable.
- Experience in a version control system like Git or SVN.
- Must have proven ability to operate on the linux command line.
- Knowledge of shell and other scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Strong technical, design, and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical team members.
- Fast and self-motivated learner of new and emerging technologies.
- Self motivated and ability to drive features to delivery.
- SEO and A/B testing experience is a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.