Senior Book Editor - Fodor's Travel
For 80 years, Fodor’s Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler’s trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budgets in over 6,500 worldwide destinations. And we deliver our expertise in every format that travelers need, from print guidebooks and eBooks to Fodors.com and our mobile apps, even across our social media platforms. Together, our products make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.
We are currently seeking a senior-level editor, who will be responsible for a variety of domestic and international travel destinations, overseeing and directing the quality and scope of Fodor's content and all digital and print publications associated with those destinations as well as supervising two other editors.
Among Other Tasks, You Will:
- Independently plan, launch, and commission approximately 8 print and/or digital destination updates and/or new titles.
- Review book passes.
- Assist with hiring writers, editors, freelancers and oversee their work and the overall publication process.
- The potential to manage other editors and freelancers.
- Help train new staff.
- Help the editorial director with strategic planning.
- Contribute reviews and articles to Fodors.com.
- Follow and be aware of the travel industry and destination trends.
- Represent Fodor's at travel industry events.
Other requirements include:
- Strong research and communication skills, an understanding of the requirements of multi-platform content, familiarity with a CMS, and willingness to participate in social media such as Twitter and Instagram.
You will ideally have at least five to ten years of editorial experience in both print and digital environments, ideally including experience with travel guidebooks; be an entrepreneurial problem-solver who understands the importance of keeping projects on budget and on schedule. The ability to recruit excellent writers around the world is essential to success in this position; having good working relationships with writers and tourism officials in major destinations around the world is a plus.
In Addition, You Will Be:
- An excellent writer who can also edit and improve the work of others.
- Proficient with grammar and punctuation.
- Equally good at editing and administration.
- Able to multitask efficiently.
- Able to inspire staff.
- Team-oriented, willing to pitch in whenever and wherever they are needed.
- Passionate about travel.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.