Content Manager - Automotive
Internet Brands is currently looking for a Web 2.0 savvy, and experienced Online Content Manager with operations experience to help drive content-related projects and oversee content staff. The area of concentration for this particular manager will be in the automotive vertical.
- Help set editorial and strategic content direction for a small portfolio of sites, including the flagship CarsDirect brand.
- Assess, hire, and manage writers and editors, and run day-to-day content production.
- Work with the content division and business managers to help develop and implement profitable content initiatives.
- Liaise with third-party content providers and freelance writers.
- Track content performance, user behavior and traffic patterns, and make strategic decisions based on that data.
- Own the editorial vision, provide leadership, and be goal orientated toward article performance and volume.
- Demonstrated passion for the Internet and the direction it is moving.
- Online content production experience is a plus.
- Experience with search/traffic/stats/optimization.
- Understanding of website publishing, both technically and editorially.
- Experience managing internal staff and external freelancers.
- Strong Project Management skills. Must be proactive and able to juggle and follow through on all aspects of a project until it’s complete.
- Proficient with website analytics, and able to use that data to inform overall strategy.
- Creative individual with a strong business sense who can deliver engaging content on time and on budget.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Content Manager, Content, Web Content, Journalism, Writer, Editor, Los Angeles