Senior Data Scientist/Statistician/Analyst, High Impact Growth Analytics & Insights
As Senior Data Scientist/Statistician/Analyst of Growth Analytics and Insights, you will be part of a team working on key strategic efforts to define, understand, and reach audiences across our network of category-leading digital destinations including WebMD, Medscape, Fodors, and CarsDirect. This team of experts in data modeling, segmentation, and other disciplines will focus on bringing clarity to our most fundamental questions about our customers: who they are, what matters to them and how we can deliver a valuable experience. Working across all of Internet Brands' businesses, this role will contribute to building a core and user-centric understanding of our audiences.
- Provide data-driven support and customized analytics to various business segments leveraging advanced statistical modeling, machine learning and quantitative methods
- Generate meaningful user-centric insights and recommendations to cross-functional teams by analyzing big data.
- Rigorously evaluate IB proprietary data to unlock insights, and assess opportunities to overlay and augment internal data with external digital data and offline data.
- Identify opportunities to leverage additional data - that can be collected/processed through existing products/channels or acquired externally - to further expand user reach or create new and actionable segments/attributes for existing users
- Use a range of data techniques - including traditional segmentation approaches, machine learning, and rapid experimentation - to identify signals that individuals may align to a key audience, and to specific audience segments
- Define and maintain core user segments and attributes that enable teams across IB and consider engagement, monetization, satisfaction, and other factors
- Partner across strategy and analytics teams to create predictive models of segment and user-level engagement, conversion/monetization, and satisfaction -- to enable strategic decision making, daily planning, and automated real-time transactions
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field - mathematics, statistics, economics or related
- 5+ years of total work experience, including 3+ years working with large customer/user datasets (primarily digital) to identify customer segments and insights
- Experience with a variety of machine learning and advanced statistical/predictive modeling tools
- Experience in large scale advertising, marketing technology, and health technology companies/projects HIGHLY desired
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.