Global Head of News - Medscape Network
Global Medscape news leadership across the Medscape Network, including Medscape, Univadis, Frontline and Mediquality. The role is critical to ensure we are delivering the most relevant medical news and information to more than 4.7 million health care professionals across thirty specialties. The Medscape Network delivers content in 195 countries, and seven local languages. The business operates across platforms, print, digital (text and video), and live events.
The Vice President of Global Medscape News serves a critical role within the organization and provides leadership across the global news and features content division. In this role, the VP of Editorial ensures that the content published is true to Medscape’s mission and values and builds upon Medscape’s leadership position in medical news worldwide. The VP will ensure coverage is prioritized across clinical specialties and published according to the standards of quality and timeliness Medscape readers have come to expect from us. The candidate must have proven medical journalism expertise combined with a deep knowledge of the medical field. He or she must possess exceptional leadership skills, most notably the ability to balance competing priorities while meeting business goals.
Editorial planning and strategy for all Medscape News and Features content and initiatives, including:
- Managing news programming across site areas and aligning to core business goals
- Ensuring deep staff expertise in targeted specialties
- Progress and uphold Medscape editorial policies
- Collaborating with sales to deliver on the commercial initiatives
- Partnering with member marketing on a robust and targeted outreach strategy to drive HCP engagement KPIs
- Collaborating with product and technology on the most effective means for disseminating content and exploring innovative approaches
- Advancing Medscape’s position as the preferred resource for clinical information by healthcare professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or related field or equivalent years' relevant experience, clinical degree preferred (MD, DO, RN, NP, PA)
- 15+ years' experience in publishing, digital content or other similar editorial functions
- Demonstrated deep medical domain knowledge, with a medical print or online publication
- 10+ years' of vertical management experience, including experience managing medical faculty, contributors and in-house/field editorial employees
- 5+ years in creating and executing digital content strategy
- Based in Greater New York City
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.