In-house Corporate Counsel
Internet Brands / Autodata is currently seeking an experienced, practical Corporate Counsel to join our Troy, Michigan office as part of our in-house legal team. This position will focus on drafting and negotiating customer, vendor and other third party agreements and will be responsible for effective development, provisioning, implementation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of contract management for the office. You also will have the opportunity to provide substantive legal advice on various subjects relating to all aspects of the Company’s business, including compliance, regulatory, privacy, media, technology, intellectual property and marketing. You will be expected to work independently with our business leaders and collaboratively with our in-house legal teams. You must be comfortable with and adept at juggling and prioritizing many agreements and projects in a very fast paced atmosphere.
- Drafting, reviewing, analyzing and negotiating standard and non-standard agreements.
- Using excellent interpersonal and communication skills to advise our internal teams on business and legal risks both in contracts and other matters.
- Structuring and documenting new agreements and relationships with partners.
- Researching, analyzing, and keeping abreast of statutes, legal articles, and legal codes and analyzing legal risks.
- Managing the contract life cycle for expiration, cancellation, termination and renewal and assisting in the development and implementation of scalable contract management policies.
- Appropriately escalating legal and business matters.
- Other projects as needed to support the broader legal function.
- 3+ years of experience as a corporate attorney. A mix of transactional law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- Legal knowledge of contract law, corporations, intellectual property, privacy and other areas of law impacting commercial contracts.
- Must be able to problem solve and assist business leads in finding and implementing appropriate solutions to legal and business issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, business judgment and project management skills that result in the ability to work effectively with executive management and other employees,
clients and vendors.
- Ability to work efficiently and proactively on multiple projects under tight deadlines while maintaining a commitment to quality.
- Superior analytic and writing skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Graduate of an accredited law school and member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- Experience working with technology companies and in-house a plus.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for the business.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.