Nolo is one of the nation’s preeminent providers of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software, including the renowned Quicken WillMaker. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like DisabilitySecrets.com.
- Oversee deadlines related to each stage of the production of books, eBooks, and eForms, ensuring that all are published on time
- Shepherd titles from manuscript through layout, proofing, indexing and preparation for delivery to the printer or for online upload
- Schedule work going to freelance indexers and proofers and be their primary contact
- Handle quality control of proofed manuscripts and printer proofs
- Create PDF eBooks using Adobe Acrobat Pro. Create files for conversion to epub and other formats
- Prepare companion files for each title and create online companion pages
- Prepare files in various formats (pdf, rtf, jpg, tiff) as needed for in-house use and for publishing partners
- Repurpose cover art files for web
- Track all information about each title and keep tracking systems up-to-date
- Submit book data to Library of Congress for cataloging
- Solid working knowledge of Word, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro for the Mac
- At least two years’ experience working in publishing
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proofreading skills
- Ability to keep several projects on schedule at one time
- Knowledge of e-publishing a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree
Please note: this is not a design job.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.