Associate PHP Developer
Nolo, a subsidiary of Internet Brands, is currently seeking a Associate PHP Developer to join our team in Pleasanton, CA. You will be encouraged to take strong ownership of your work and will have an opportunity to grow within the role. This opportunity is excellent for candidates interested in developing a long-term career in PHP development. This role is unique as it will allow exposure for the developer to code for a larger website than the average Associate PHP role typically allows.
- Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
- Participate in software design discussions.
- Perform code reviews of your team members' work.
- Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- SQL queries and database schema design.
- MVC frameworks (Laravel, Yii).
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- JIRA framework familiarity or some experience with Trello or Basecamp.
- Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Collaboration with engineering teams in multiple locations.
- Strong understanding of PHP.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.