Divorce Editor - Contract
Nolo is one of the nation’s preeminent providers of do-it-yourself legal solutions for consumers and small businesses. We produce articles, books, apps, and software, including the renowned Quicken WillMaker. A subsidiary of Internet Brands, our sites include Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, and topic-specific domains like DisabilitySecrets.com and 3StepDivorce.com.
Our Online Divorce Legal Editor, a contractor position, is for a lawyer with natural writing and editing ability and careful attention to detail. We are based in Berkeley, California but are open to remote candidates prepared to travel to our office from time to time.
The Online Divorce Legal Editor will:
- Research state divorce laws
- Research court requirements for filing divorce papers
- Update, and test our online divorce forms, all sold to consumers on Nolo.com, Divorcenet.com, and 3StepDivorce.com
The Online Divorce Legal Editor must have:
- Excellent writing and editing skills and careful attention to detail
- A law degree from an ABA-accredited law school and no professional disciplinary history
- At least two years’ background as a practicing attorney, including experience with divorce/family law, and
- The ability and willingness to create and edit content in additional areas of law.
- Familiarity with creating forms, surveys, and software, and
- Familiarity with QA’ing web applications.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and an example of writing intended for nonlawyers.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.