Big Data Engineer
Avvo is looking to hire a Big Data Engineer. This position will be responsible for partnering with internal teams such as finance, marketing, sales and operations to build next generation Business Intelligence solutions using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Scala, and Spark. Avvo is a highly collaborative, agile work environment, so the ideal candidate would demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and good business knowledge in addition to excellent technical depth.
- Analyze existing and upcoming requirements for data platform; Assist with implementation of new features and platform modifications.
- Supporting Data Engineering team with daily maintenance/improvements of the existing Data Warehouse platform.
- Develop new Hadoop workflows and enhance existing ones.
- 3+ years proven experience building, debugging and optimizing complex distributed systems or backend services.
- Established history with Big Data technologies. Production engineering with Hadoop ecosystem strongly preferred. Including (HBase, Spark, Kafka and Flume).
- Very strong SQL skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborative, quick to learn and a drive for results with a balance between quality and quantity.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.