Big Data Engineer
Avvo is looking to hire a Big Data Engineer full time in the Seattle area. This position will be responsible for partnering with internal teams such as finance, marketing, sales and operations to build next generation Business Intelligence solutions using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Scala, and Spark. Avvo is a highly collaborative, agile work environment, so the ideal candidate would demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and good business knowledge in addition to excellent technical depth.
- Analyze existing and upcoming requirements for data platform; Assist with implementation of new features and platform modifications.
- Supporting Data Engineering team with daily maintenance/improvements of the existing Data Warehouse platform.
- Develop new Hadoop workflows and enhance existing ones.
- 3+ years proven experience building, debugging and optimizing complex distributed systems or backend services.
- Established history with Big Data technologies. Production engineering with Hadoop ecosystem strongly preferred. Including (HBase, Spark, Kafka and Flume).
- Very strong SQL skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborative, quick to learn and a drive for results with a balance between quality and quantity.
Avvo is centrally located in downtown Seattle just a few blocks away from the Westlake Center. We are a key member of Seattle's tech community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.