Senior Technical Project Manager
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is seeking a bright, detail-oriented Senior Technical Project Manager to help coordinate the development of web-based software projects.
You will join an experienced and tight-knit team of engineers who are passionate about web tech and where it's going. This is a great opportunity to take a central role on a software engineering team in a fast-paced, growing company. This team is responsible for the systems that manage and deliver content across our Apartments team.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in computer science or a related field, along with experience managing web-based software projects. Experience with coding or web technologies is desirable, though this is not a coding role.
You will build on your understanding of modern agile methodologies. You will also grow your technical aptitude while working with high-traffic systems. And you will strengthen your planning and communications skills as you coordinate high-profile projects across multiple teams and multiple offices.
- Plan and manage software projects from conception through launch.
- Ensure projects are implemented according to requirements.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Lead iteration planning and execution.
- Identify and mitigate risks and bottlenecks.
- Track the team's throughput using standard agile metrics.
- Own the team's SDLC process and push for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with other teams, including internal clients, end-users, and support personnel.
- Help break down business requirements into tangible work for the engineers.
- 5+ years experience managing technical projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with unwavering attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
- An engineering degree or substantial coursework is strongly desired.
- Must enjoy solving problems using analytical and creative skills.
- Able to plan work, organize time, and maintain workflow.
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Able to think creatively on your feet, yet remain calm under pressure.
- Able to learn new skills on-the-job in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with web technologies is a plus.
- Coding experience is a plus.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.