Senior Corporate Counsel, M&A & Special Projects
Internet Brands is searching for a Senior Corporate Counsel to join our transactional team for mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and related integrations, and special projects. We are highly acquisitive, having completed over 200 acquisitions and joint ventures performed by our in-house deal team. As a scaled and high-growth private equity owned company with over 20 years as digital pioneers, we own, manage and grow an unparalleled group of vertically-focused digital businesses in Health, Legal and Automotive. The ideal candidate will have substantive experience in mergers and acquisitions in a sophisticated corporate legal practice, possess exceptional commercial and legal judgment, and be comfortable and effective partnering with senior management and business and legal stakeholders. This position can be based in our offices in Los Angeles or New York.
What You Will Do
- Work as part of a centralized corporate transactions team to diligence, document and negotiate acquisitions and divestitures, working collaboratively with other legal team members and corporate management across all of our verticals;
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business leaders to identify legal issues and provide practical legal counsel to provide effective solutions in connection with corporate strategic initiatives; and
- Manage and negotiate a wide range of commercial and strategic partnerships and special projects.
Who You Are
- Commercially-minded attorney with 4-6 years of a wide variety of M&A and corporate transactional experience, ideally in a combination of law firm and in-house experience, with a proven ability to perform and project manage multiple transactional needs in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Strong organizational, analytic, written, and verbal communication skills, providing advice and guidance to senior management across multiple business lines and participate actively in external communications with sell-side and buy-side counsel.
- True team player who jumps in and tackles initiatives with energy and enthusiasm.
What You Need to Succeed
- Knowledge of and experience in M&A and a wide variety of corporate transactions required, including in the digital, tech and healthcare business markets highly desirable
- Strong experience in project managing complex transactions, including diligence, drafting and negotiating.
- Exposure to other forms of corporate transactions and subject areas in the digital industry digital/SaaS, including digital content, data rights, intellectual property, complex commercial agreements, compliance, preferred.
- Experience in regulatory and related matters affecting internet consumer and B2B software businesses, preferred.
- Flexibility to travel periodically, as needed.
- Licensed to practice law, CA preferred.
Who We Are
Internet Brands has a unique competitive advantage through a potent combination of people, platform, and digital category leadership. We focus on four core verticals in which we are the proven leaders: Health, Legal, Automotive and Home / Travel, owning and operating scaled internet and SaaS businesses including WebMD, Nolo, Fodors and Carsdirect. Our fully integrated vertical approach combines leading content and resources for consumers, and marketing, web presences and customer acquisition services for our corporate partners and clients. We serve more than 100,000 business clients and 250 million monthly website visitors across our brands. We employ more than 5,000 people in over 40 office locations across the globe.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.