Internet Brands is a vertically focused company with four core verticals in which we are the proven leaders: Automotive, Health, Legal, and Home/Travel. Our fully integrated digital approach combines solutions for both businesses and consumers. Our portfolio represents brands you know including CarsDirect, WebMD, Medscape, NOLO, Premiere, and more. Our Los Angeles based Marketing team is currently seeking a Creative Strategist. This role is responsible for developing an audience first creative strategy across advertising, social media, and online experiences. The role reports to the Creative Services Director of Content Marketing and supports the creative process from research and discovery through final in-market execution. This position will collaborate closely with partners in Marketing, Editorial and Technology / Product Design.
At the core, you’re a creative thinker. You’re a natural storyteller and have an innate passion for defining wonderful content and consumer experiences. You provide leadership through content creation, innovation, iteration, and product experiences. You can spot and react quickly to trends while also planning product calendars. You thrive when you’re working with peers on the creative team to arrive at the perfect blend of business and art. You know how to evaluate content quality and business impact, meticulously directing steps for improvement.
- Monitor competitors, market trends, popular culture
- Digest audience insights from internal resources and external research
- Continuously monitor and understand the competitive marketplace
- Understand marketing strategies and larger business goals
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Product, Content, Design and Editorial
- Define the creative strategy of the asset catalog
- Develop individual campaign testing strategies with platform & audience differentiation
- Identify brand/audience triggers and inform new opportunities
- Ensure that creative strategy is implemented early and proactively alongside marketing strategy development.
- Detail asset types needed to deliver on the strategy and oversee the creation or acquisition of those assets
- Incorporate marketing performance and data-driven insights to identify creative gaps, competitive opportunities, and customer pain points to inform future opportunities in creative and marketing.
- Contribute new ideas (categories/topics/sets) and relevant assets to build and scale out an exceptional, diverse catalog, in close partnership with creative design team
- College degree: BA preferred
- Work experience: 5+ years in marketing, strategy
- Industry experience leading strategies for large content and asset catalogs
- Experience creating and acquiring a variety of asset types
- Smart, creative problem solver with a sense of humor and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail and process
- Growth mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, see failures as essential to mastery, and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others
- Ability to express ideas to diverse audiences with a variety of skills and experiences
- Ability to synthesize information from various sources and summarize it for others
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability, together with the ability to manage deadlines and internal stakeholder expectations.
- Experience working in B2B companies with experience in legal or automotive verticals a plus.
At Internet Brands, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be $75 - $85k and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are equal-opportunity employers.
Notice to California residents: you can find information about our privacy practices, on: https://www.internetbrands.com/work-with-us/cpra