Los Angeles based Internet Brands, a fast-paced, growing internet media company near LAX, is currently seeking a Payroll/HR Systems Manager to join our HR team. This position will be responsible for the management of everything payroll. This includes project management, data integrity, and developing payroll reporting systems. This position will also contribute to the development and implementation of HR systems that work together with payroll systems.
- Manage the day-to- day processing of all payroll; ensuring biweekly payroll is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage and monitor the payroll function (including tax and systems administration) to ensure appropriate control procedures have been established and are being followed.
- Actively manage 4-5 direct reports; guide and mentor team in resolving issues and achieving goals.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, timekeeping, benefit and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement innovative changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Kronos experience a plus.
- Maintain complete understanding of all applicable federal/state wage and hour laws related to payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes.
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, quarterly filings, YTD earnings, etc.
- Establish procedures and ensure that all financial postings, reconciliations and adjustments are accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are monitored and are being met.
- Ensure that all record-keeping and reporting meets organization and legal requirements.
- Provide and model exemplary customer service.
- Must have experience with large company, multi-state, national payroll processing in a shared services environment.
- BA or BS degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with 7 or more years Manager/PM/Systems experience.
- 2+ years of relevant payroll and payroll tax experience.
- In-house payroll and time keeping system knowledge, Kronos experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of tax implications on payroll as well as garnishments, payroll rules and regulations and legal compliance practices.
- Experience working in a close team environment and providing project management/leadership for various projects and initiatives.
- Understanding of payroll best practices and ability to explain fundamentals to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate decision making (identify solutions, pros/con, and obtain alignment).
- Strong work ethic with ability to work in a fast paced environment in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to show strong initiative while working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to communicate openly.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including advanced Excel experience.
- Ability to process multiple payrolls on different pay frequencies with high levels of complexity
- Previous experience managing the preparation, quality checking, and distribution of W-2's (or similar QC function).
- Experience tracking and filing reports related to ACA compliance is a plus.
- Proven success initiating and leading medium/large scale projects across multiple functions or departments.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Payroll, Payroll Manager, Payroll Processing, Kronos, Payroll Coordinator, Manager, Project Management, Business, Finance, CPP, Certified Payroll Professional, Payroll Tax, Los Angeles, LA, Jobs