Nolo is the nation’s leading provider of do-it-yourself law solutions for consumers and small businesses, covering everyday legal matters such as estate planning, patents, criminal law, landlord-tenant law, bankruptcy, and debtor’s rights, family law, immigration, and employment. We produce websites, books, online apps, and software. Since Nolo was acquired by Internet Brands in 2011, the Nolo brand has expanded to include a collection of legal websites in many topic areas.
Our legal vertical is currently looking for an SEO Analyst to join our team in Pleasanton, CA. This position will be supporting Internet Brands’ search engine optimization content efforts, working cross-functionally with the editorial team, product, SEO, and development teams to help build out well-researched and top-ranked legal content.
- Partner with our content team to develop SEO optimized content that aligns with our business objectives
- Collaborate with the SEO, Product and Development teams to drive website improvements
- Perform comprehensive keyword research, competition/SERP analysis and audits of current and upcoming site content
- Create SEO optimized and structured content outlines for the editorial staff to create content
- Perform content gap analysis to ensure our sites have comprehensive coverage of topics
- Audit, optimize and publish new content
- Track current content to make sure it is up-to-date, optimized and fits into the overall content strategy
- Track, analyze and report on the performance of site content as well as make recommendations for new content with a good potential for traffic and lead conversion
- Produce and analyze reports on traffic, leads, keyword rankings, and lead conversion
- Quickly identify sources of traffic/lead anomalies
- Optimize the content mix and user experience based on conversion rates, traffic performance and cost
- Put together a content strategy plan and roadmap
- Stay on top of key trends and best practices in search engine algorithms, competitive landscape, and the industry to develop winning strategies.
- Highly organized with effective written and oral communication skills
- Proven experience as SEO analyst, content specialist or a similar role
- Expert with SEO tools such as GA, Search Console, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with SEO reporting
- Advanced understanding of search engine ranking factors, algorithms and core SEO principles
- Experience working with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Motivated, self-sufficient and driven to deliver results
- The ideal candidate has an excellent understanding of online media dynamics and user-generated content/value of product reviews
- Content SEO experience is a plus.
- BA/BS from four year college or equivalent SEO experience
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.