Director of Software Engineering
Internet Brands is seeking a Director of Software Engineering. In this role, you will oversee multiple development teams, ensure the successful delivery of product releases, and play a critical role in delivering a product that allows the business to meet or exceed its objectives. Together with the Chief Technology Officer, you will grow the technology team, oversee the entire SDLC, guide the technical direction of the product suite, and oversee improvements to a cutting-edge application deployment platform.
Elements for success include extensive web application development experience, project management skills that result in meeting or beating timelines, meeting or exceeding standards of quality, a strong background in mentoring and providing leadership to a growing development staff, and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction both within the organization and for its millions of users.
- Manage project variables, namely scope, delegation, timeline, and budget.
- Develop, mentor, train, manage and support the application development team.
- Oversee refinements to product architecture.
- Oversee system integrations between various Internet Brands business units and third-party vendors.
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders on platform architecture.
- Document and communicate project requirements.
- Manage code review and code quality improvement processes.
- Work with product and business stakeholders to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Provide timely, accurate, and insightful status updates and feedback to executives and stakeholders throughout the business and Internet Brands.
- Together with the Quality Assurance team, work to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans in order to oversee completion.
- Substantial experience building and managing high performance software teams, including experience managing multiple concurrent programs or projects.
- A strong track record of leadership success and technological innovation.
- Substantial hands-on experience developing scalable consumer web applications, including service-oriented architectures and cloud computing.
- Working knowledge of a major MVC framework.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and process improvement methodologies, including Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Linux and containerization; experience with Kubernetes preferred.
- Success growing and managing offshore teams.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel two weeks per quarter.
Ideal to have:
- Experience with modern big data ecosystems such as Hadoop.
- Experience with analytics frameworks such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.