Contract Writer/Researcher - Digital Content
Do you actively hunt for bargains online? Can you write clearly and quickly? Then our team is looking for you!
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a web-content-savvy Writer/Researcher for BensBargains.com for a long-term, ongoing contract position. Responsibilities include sourcing, verifying, and writing up best-of-web product deals as part of a small and highly communicative team. Although this is currently envisioned as a ~40-hour a week position, candidates who are only available part time but who are otherwise strong will be considered. We are need of someone to consistently work evenings, weekends as needed, and during peak shopping days of the year. The details of scheduling can be tailored to a candidate's individual circumstances, but we need someone who will show up and work at the times they have agreed to.
- Conduct thorough research and identify best-of-web deals to be displayed on BensBargains.com
- Consistently produce individual writeups that accurately present featured bargains
- Research industry trends and news to remain current on available product offerings
- Work with the Content Manager to analyze strategies and set goals
- Assist the Ad Manager with direct placements
- Review your past work to see what should and should not be reupped
- 1-2 years’ experience writing and editing digital content
- Able to produce numerous very short form articles daily
- Strong command of English grammar and spelling and with the skill to match our established tone
- Previous experience actively hunting for bargains online and familiarity with a variety of major ecommerce sites preferred
- Prior content management system experience preferred (blogs count)
- Able to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays to accommodate key shopping days (such as Prime Day and the Black Friday-Cyber Monday stretch)
- Familiarity with affiliate marketing is a bonus but not a requirement.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.