Product Manager Intern
Internet Brands is looking for an intern who is starting their career in product management or interface design. You might not have a lot of professional experience in the area, but you cringe instinctively whenever you interact with a poorly-designed web site or mobile app. And you smile approvingly when you encounter excellent design.
You will join an experienced and tight-knit product development team with a diverse set of skills. You will bring your passion for thoughtful product design and your ability to learn from multiple perspectives. You will work alongside teams from Fodor's Travel, CarsDirect, Inhabitat, and WebMD, to name just a few.
We are looking for someone with an educational background in either product management or user interface design, or similar professional experience in lieu of a degree. You will be doing the same work as our associate product managers, but with more mentoring and support. You will gain hands-on experience as a product manager, designing the user interface and user experience for a high-value application. You will learn how to research user needs, how to design a product and define its vision, how to pitch your ideas to senior management, and how to evaluate the success of your ideas.
- Analyze and understand user needs, conducting user interviews as necessary.
- Define experiences and/or design user interfaces that delight our users.
- Create and maintain product use cases, requirements, and wireframes.
- Stay on top of web usability trends.
- Collaborate with engineers to build and launch products.
- Help to define product vision and future direction.
- BA/BS degree in HCI, Design, or Computer Science, or working towards one.
- Alternatively, some professional experience in a product management or design role.
- Familiarity with modern web technologies and web user interfaces.
- Interest in creating and analyzing products.
- Interest in data-driven product decisions.
- Eager to learn.
- Past experience working collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.