Associate Technical Project Manager
Los Angeles-based Internet Brands, Inc. is currently seeking a bright, motivated Associate Technical Project Manager to support the development of various web based software projects.Los Angeles-based Internet Brands, Inc. is currently seeking a bright, motivated Associate Technical Project Manager to support the development of various web based software projects.
You will work with a team of talented engineers and web professionals who are passionate about the web and where it's going. This is a great opportunity for one to learn the ins and outs of building great web products in a fast-paced, growing company.
The ideal candidate will either have a degree in Computer Science (or related). Ideally also looking for candidates with experience building websites or has a solid understanding of how websites work.
- Help manage software project elements from conception through launch.
- Participate in iteration planning.
- Help with requirements gathering.
- Coordinate with other site teams on projects.
- Ensure there’s a strong pipeline of work for the engineers.
- Help break down business requirements into tangible work for the engineers.
- Ensure projects are implemented according to requirements.
- Keep the team and other constituents up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Help to resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Passion for the web, social media, mobile, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Must enjoy solving problems using analytical and creative skills.
- Able to triage and prioritize tasks well.
- Able to plan work, organize time, and maintain workflow.
- Able to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- Experience with delivering a technical project.
- Experience with issue tracking and documentation tools, e.g. Jira, Confluence.
- Experience with the Scrum, Kanban or Agile frameworks.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Programming experience.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, including the multiple steps involved.
At Internet Brands, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the annualized rate for this role to start at $70k and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are equal-opportunity employers.
Notice to California residents: you can find information about our privacy practices, on: https://www.internetbrands.com/work-with-us/cpra