Director of Trade Marketing - Avvo
The Director of Trade Marketing has a strong business acumen, takes a hands-on approach to developing and implementing marketing initiatives, is metrics driven and has experience working with multiple business functions to develop and execute programs that deliver results. We are a small, fast-moving team and this is an opportunity to make a real and immediate impact on the business.
This is a leadership opportunity for an experienced individual who has a demonstrated track record of success leading marketing efforts. In this role you will help develop and will implement Avvo’s strategy towards building our brand and reputation in the legal community, grow our market share and improve attorney engagement. This role reports to Martindale-Avvo’s Chief Marketing Officer.
- Manage Avvo product positioning and cross-channel (e-mail, SEM, trade show, white papers, etc.) demand generation.
- Manage and optimize Avvo customer lifecycle from prospect to loyal customer and ensure a consistent product and brand experience across the organization and our product set.
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan for new products, as well as review/revise/recommend for our existing products.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary product expertise, market intelligence, and materials to effectively sell our products and services.
- Review product data to ensure that the sales team is kept up to date on new developments regarding the companies or competitors’ products.
- Act as point of first reference for all marketing product related inquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Assist in the development, implementation and measurement of the strategy for the generation of sales leads in other other Martindale-Avvo business units.
- Lead, inspire and develop direct reports; establish goals and create accountability for results.
- Proven experience driving lead generation results in a business to business environment.
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to drive process improvements by leveraging problem solving and analytical skills.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce required.
- Pardot and ExactTarget (or similar systems) knowledge strongly preferred.
- Strategic thought leader who can lead, inspire and influence others across the company.
- Excellent management and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office located in the heart of Seattle at the beautiful 8th & Olive building, just a few blocks away from Pike Place Market. Nestled in Seattle's tech community, we offer scenic views of the city and surrounding areas from any floor at Avvo!
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.