Sr. Payroll Specialist
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a full-time Senior Payroll Specialist to assist the Payroll Team with managing payroll and associated tasks.
- Process payroll from beginning to end for 300+ employees in ADP Workforce Now.
- Assist with the processing of multiple payrolls on different pay frequencies for employees and contractors using Kronos HR and Payroll Modules.
- Assist in preparing manual checks for terminated employees (Multi-States).
- Research employee payroll inquiries and answer Kronos questions through the ticketing system.
- Create upload files (Precept to Kronos, Fidelity to Kronos).
- Oversees the review & reconciliation of pre-processing.
- Assist with other special projects as required.
- Transmission of 401K / 409 A files to Fidelity.
- Prepare and transmit TSA first of the month files.
- Assist in training of staff in Payroll State & Federal laws and regulations.
- Prepare and process Year-End files for W2 and 1099’s.
- Prepare communications emails for Payroll.
- Calculate and prepare spreadsheet for Rounding of OT on ADP Payroll & OT Commissions.
- Assist in system implementations and upgrades.
- Transmission of weekly On Demand check file.
- Transmission of Contractors payment via PayPal and wires.
- Stay up-to-date on latest Payroll laws and regulations.
- Minimum 3 to 5 year of Payroll / Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in accounting or finance.
- Handling full process of Multi-State complex payrolls.
- Kronos Time & Attendance system.
- ADP Workforce Now – Payroll/ T&A systems.
- Great follow-through skills, and good with math and logic.
- Great customer service mindset.
- Attention to detail, Organizational and analytical skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and willingness to work overtime.
- Problem solving abilities for complex payroll issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic office skills and abilities, knowledge of standard office equipment and software including Google Docs & Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary applications as required.
- Interact with colleagues, team members and other department staff as well as management and executives in a professional office setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Formal training/education in the study of Payroll.
- FPC certification (preferred).
- Kronos HR/Payroll system Experience scheduling within a Time & Attendance system.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.