Senior Data Analyst, Optimization
Internet Brands is looking for a Senior Data Analyst, Optimization to join our Los Angeles based headquarters. The Data Analyst’s primary role is to provide analysis and insights for key product development initiatives within our Legal vertical. This position requires an ability to understand and shape the key metrics of a business, develop analyses to inform product development, and present analyses to project teams and executive stakeholders. The analyst will work in a project team-oriented and dynamic environment which will require working closely with other teams and adjusting to new developments as they arise. Strong analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines are critical for this position.
- Performing advanced analysis of web traffic, email engagement, and app engagement data to understand and measure the success of programs, including click-through analysis, retention, re-engagement and A/B testing.
- Providing software development knowledge with respect to front end optimization set-up, UI design and programming.
- Use analytics to build cohorts in order to identify opportunities in high-value segments.
- Understand subject matter KPIs, trends and cohorts in order to improve upon existing personalization methodologies.
- Work with engineering teams to automate and scale predictive model solutions.
- Develop and maintain a testing framework for monitoring short and long-term results of personalization initiatives.
- Deliver presentations to senior leadership to explain and illustrate complex analytical findings.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses using various skills and tools to extract and aggregate data. Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations to detailed deep dives in order to identify trends and new opportunities.
- Collaborate with various business and operational groups to explore new feature ideas by mining existing web analytics data, designing A/B tests, and evaluating the results to produce recommendations and insights that will help shape business decisions.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally in hypothesis generation, experiment selection, designing of experiments, setting success/failure criteria, rapid prototyping of concepts through testing tools required.
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing platforms, solid testing principles and applied statistics related to A/B and multivariate testing.
- Experience/familiarity with Digital Experimentation tools (ex. Adobe Target, Optimizely).
- Advanced experience with web analytics tools, such as Adobe Analytics, Omniture and Google Analytics.
- 4+ years’ experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems.
- Experience prototyping models in excel.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- High level of comfort with large relational data sets, database mining and manipulation.
- Advanced skills in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel, Tableau).
- Clear written and oral communication skills.
- 3+ years of relational database experience in, but not limited to Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, Vertica (or any Big Data environment).
- Knowledge of personalization techniques, data science concepts, and/or information processing workflows are all nice-to-haves.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.