Paralegal - Corporate Generalist
El Segundo, CA based Internet Brands is seeking an experienced, corporate paralegal to join our in-house legal team in support of our successful and growing business. This position is that of a generalist and will focus on a wide range of corporate matters, including all stages of corporate governance, complex commercial contracting, corporate
transactions, legal and regulatory compliance, and will provide support for legal operation matters.
We are seeking applicants who enjoy working on a small, but highly collaborative legal team, can learn and adapt quickly, and can anticipate and initiate routine legal tasks and can grow to handle an array of complex projects.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a team player with a sense of humor, has a passion for technology, excellent
problem-solving skills, organized and an ability to thrive in a changing environment that requires cross-functional collaboration across our legal and business teams. This position will be based out of our El Segundo office, and will report to our Deputy General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide legal and organizational support for strategic corporate transactions, including project management, diligence, closing administration, and post-closing integrations.
- Draft, review and perform first level negotiation for a wide range of commercial contracts, including customer agreements, professional services agreements, content development and license agreements, data use agreements, non-disclosure agreements and software and technology license agreements. Escalate to attorneys as necessary.
- Contribute to the maintenance of contract templates and the integration of contracts of acquired companies.
- Assist in the day-to-day supervision of compliance obligations, including review of new products, services and vendors, and the maintenance of corporate policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business stakeholders and internal and external counsel, and document and organize internal and external legal advice.
- Perform legal and business research to support legal projects.
- Facilitate and administer various requests for information, audits, assessments and special projects.
- Commercial and practical paralegal with 3-5 years’ experience with a Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certification from an ABA Accredited Paralegal program or equivalent.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple matters for a growing company and to collaborate across cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, finance, product, security, and business and corporate development.
- Technology and/or healthcare experience preferred.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.