Director of Technical SEO
We are looking for a passionate Director of Technical SEO. The successful candidate will turn use their curiosity and technical website construction knowledge to create on-page & on-site recommendations which help grow SEO visits. You will build a team of technical SEO professionals to grow our 3 billion annual visits across well known brands.
The Technical SEO team works within the SEO Group alongside other SEO team members, product, technology, and business leaders to analyze a website and make improvement recommendations with prioritizations. Those recommendations are derived from site crawls, investigations at the page level, feedback from Google Search Console, and more. This role is critical to traffic growth.
- Partner with business leaders to drive the right traffic which increases revenue
- Develop and implement technical SEO best practices, guiding product and technology teams to be proactive in site development
- Lead analysis which identifies new opportunities on a website’s technical construction which will enable Google to crawl it better
- Keep up with new developments and technical improvements for Page Experience that will benefit SEO growth
- Work closely with leaders of developer and QA teams participating in development cycles where SEO is under way
- Establish processes for technical audits of our sites, with periodic review
- Stay up to date with latest technical algorithm components and establish priorities for including updates in sprints
- Review key competitors web page construction and identify new opportunities to improve our own
- Review information architecture on our sites and recommend improvements
- Leverage tools like Page Speed Insights, Lighthouse, Schema Validator to ensure our sites are world class, benchmarked against competitors.
- Educate engineering and QA colleagues on SEO best practices throughout projects
- Design A/B tests which are aimed at increasing SEO traffic
- Use data and analytics to make data driven decisions
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Education in computer science, engineering, mathematics
- HTML with a focus on key SEO elements such as Canonicals, Schema implementation, Meta Robots instructions, etc.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- 5+ years of experience in SEO driving growth
- 3+ years of experience managing team members
- A strong analytical and quantitative mind, with demonstrated results in SEO.
- A great communicator, boiling complex concepts down into clear, actionable instructions.
- A true collaborator, working with multiple stakeholders across teams to educate, influence, and execute.
- Willingness to dive in and research a problem from multiple points of view, provide supported conclusions, and lay out a clear go-forward game plan.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.