Senior Product Designer
Internet Brands and Avvo are looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join our Los Angeles-based headquarters. The design team at Avvo exists to bring simplicity and clarity to the legal world. We are advocates of the user above all else. We empower people with the tools they need to solve their legal problems. Our design group has strong support and influence within the product organization, so you will contribute directly to the future of Avvo's products and services.
Our designers envision and design experiences that engage, inspire, and delight. We think in terms of people's problems, hypotheses, and treat everything as an experiment. We have teams working on both B2C and B2B products with opportunities to switch teams semi-regularly. Are you an enthusiastic designer who can build relationships across functions? Do you love creating simple and elegant experiences? If this sounds like you, we’d love to speak with you about joining our team!
- Design UIs and interactions for our website and web applications using a mobile-first approach.
- Work within a cross-functional Agile team to deliver MVPs and optimization tests.
- Collaborate with our UX research team to plan and execute studies that will inform your product and design solutions.
- Communicate work at all levels of the organization to promote visibility of design efforts.
- Partner with product team managers to identify new problems-to-solve and develop testable hypotheses.
Required skills & experience:
- Proven work as a UI/UX designer or related position with an online portfolio of design projects available.
- Comfortable with any industry-standard design software and willing to learn new tools as needed.
- Strong design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual).
- Ability to identify success metrics and use them to guide and evaluate designs.
- Leadership skills and initiative.
- Understanding of mobile design patterns and how to design for a responsive website.
- Experience working within established design patterns and styles.
- Strong written, verbal, and/or visual communication skills.
- Experience working on a cross-functional, in-house Agile product team.
- Familiarity with web analytics software and A/B testing tools.
- Basic knowledge of web technologies and how your designs get translated to a functional website.
- Ability to craft new, reusable design patterns when appropriate.
We want to see your work! In your portfolio, we’ll be looking for the following:
- An analytical approach to design using qualitative and/or quantitative data to make decisions.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- A variety of work from early-stage research and ideation to execution and optimization.
- Your thought process and evidence of critical thinking, not just deliverables.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.