Human Resources/Facilities Assistant (Part-Time)
LA based Internet Brands is currently looking for an amazing part-time Human Resources / Facilities Assistant to join our team!
Our ideal candidate is resourceful, sharp, and a motivated self-starter! Candidates must be enthusiastic, detail-oriented and have a strong desire to contribute to a stellar team!
This is a great opportunity for a recent college grad who is looking to hit the ground running and learn as much about HR, Facilities, and Operations as possible!
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Interfacing with employees directly regarding policy/procedure.
- Maintaining personnel files/records.
- Assisting with employee communications and team/morale building initiatives.
- On-boarding new hires and processing departures.
- Assist staff with general office needs.
- Assist with internal office moves.
- Maintain storage facility
- Appropriately address and follow-up on any employee related request for office or facility service; maintain office/facilities ticketing system.
- Responsible for various records management, and expense tracking.
- Oversee parking flow for employees and visitors.
- Adhere to current process, and identify process improvements.
- Participation on various office/facilities projects as they arise.
- Assisting with various moving and organizational tasks.
- Maintaining the mailroom/file room
- Sorting and delivering incoming mail and other shipments.
- Handling outgoing mail and other shipments.
- And MUCH MUCH more!
Here are some things that would be nice to have, but aren't totally necessary (so don’t freak out if you don’t have them):
- Administrative experience in some capacity. Worked a couple of summers in an office part-time? That's great!
- Experience in general organization and process implementation. Color coordinated and alphabetized files at a previous job? Perfect!
- Previous HR experience. Been working a limited amount of hours within an organization in HR? AMAZING!
If you're going to be successful in this role, here are some of our MUST HAVE’S:
- Must have a positive demeanor. We're looking for someone who has what it takes to make a positive impact upon others.
- Have to be motivated. This is a great entry-level role if you want to really get some hands on experience. But, you have to be motivated to learn and grow.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills. Lots of interaction in this role, so you have to be well versed.
- Strong work ethic. We're looking for someone who wants to put the work in to make it happen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to help others.
- Organized, organized, organized.
Please note that this is a part-time position working up to 29 hours per week.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.