Director of Sales - Travel
Los Angeles based Internet Brands, a leading digital media and SaaS company, is seeking an experienced Digital Media Sales Director to lead a team selling digital advertising across our large portfolio of owned and operated sites. This position will focus on our Travel & Leisure group, which includes many high-profile sites, such as Fodors.com, FlyerTalk.com, and WikiTravel.com.
- Sell direct and programmatic advertising campaigns to major travel brands and their agencies.
- Manage all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, negotiating, and closing.
- Identify and grow new business across both direct and programmatic landscapes.
- Manage a team of three sales people handling both national and local/regional ad sales.
- Work with the sales support team to prepare creative and consultative proposals for advertising campaigns.
- Manage customer relationships, helping customers maximize the value of their advertising and fostering renewal business.
- Meet and exceed sales revenue targets.
- Serve as a knowledge base for current advertising industry trends, products, and companies.
- 5 years of experience in online advertising including display, custom/native content, programmatic, video, and social.
- Current contacts with agency and brand marketing decision makers in the travel category.
- Experience working with major ad agencies and brands on high-value interactive ad campaigns.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for pitching our opportunities to buyers at all levels.
- Internet and marketing savvy with the ability to pitch creative Web 2.0 ideas, including display, mobile, custom, native, and programmatic products.
- Display advertising experience required, along with proficiency in Google AdManager, Ad Exchange, Salesforce and other standard online ad sales tools.
- High level of professionalism and willingness to approach work with a sense of urgency.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.