Senior Big Data Engineer
Infoblox is the global leader in providing actionable network intelligence through network services, security and threat intelligence. We give companies total control and visibility of their network, allowing them to operate more efficiently and intelligently.
We are looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our SaaS Next Generation Platform Team in Santa Clara, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating and testing big data technologies. Our organization is extremely data driven where technical innovations happen and you will have an opportunity to use cutting edge technology across all stages of development lifecycle and be part of our exciting and innovative initiatives.
- Join an agile SaaS team to design, develop and maintain features and iteratively deploy services using Infoblox’s cloud-based architecture
- Design and implement components of our Next Generation Platform
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Expand and grow data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges
- Build large-scale data processing systems using cloud computing technologies
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, and proof of concepts
- Apply complex big data concepts with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and analyzing large sets of data to turn information into insights
- Work closely with various cross functional product teams
- Stay current on key trends especially in the area of technologies and frameworks like: Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- 8+ years experience, 2+ in Big Data Engineering
- Proficient in Java, Scala, Golang, or Python
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture
- Expertise in BigData - MapReduce, HIVE, HBase, Spark streaming, Apache Flink, Storm, Kafka, In memory Database, JMS
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/DynamoDB
- Good exposure in application performance tuning, memory management, scalability
- Ability to design highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source technologies
- Experience building high-performance algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE or EE is required
- Masters in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer click here.