Senior DevOps Engineer
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team, reporting to [role]. In this role, you will support innovative cloud-based services within our DevOps team by building and maintaining the infrastructure that runs our SaaS services, as well as ensuring these services run at peak performance. This is an exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud automation and gain hands-on experience building, deploying, and managing container-based applications.
You’re the ideal candidate if you enjoy implementing iterative improvements to make everyone’s job easier, improving engineering efficiency, mentoring junior members/leadership, promoting best practices, and going past “unblocking the issue” to find the root cause trigger(s).
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and develop DevOps tools to automate manual work
- Develop and maintain methodologies to assist in deploying Infoblox’s cloud-based architecture
- Build resilient and self-scaling systems so you can sleep through the night—even in case of an instance failure
- Participate in 24x7 on-call production support rotation
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of combined experience in software development, DevOps, SRE, and/or Unix/Linux system administration
- Hands-on experience with cloud architecture and deploying infrastructure in a cloud environment
- Experience using C/C++, Python, Java, or Go
- Experience with Linux distributions (CentOS, Ubuntu, and Amazon Linux)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and/or Salt)
- Solid networking experience (TCP/IP, routing, load balancing, DNS)
- Experience with monitoring tools and CI/CD toolchain (Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Linux Containers, and/or Docker is preferred
- U.S. citizenship required
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Have a growing understanding of most of Infoblox’s world-class DevOps operations
- Help junior team members by driving root-cause analysis and troubleshooting on complex issues
- Inject new ideas on iterative improvements and help implement a few
After about a year, you will…
- Have a broad understanding of the entirety of Infoblox’s world-class DevOps operations
- Work with other leaders in the DevOps organization to improve DevOps processes
- Serve as a leader for implementing short- and/or long-term DevOps initiatives
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.