Manager, Business Development Representatives - APJ
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Manager, Business Development Representatives - APJ to join our Commercial organization in Singapore, reporting to the vice president of Asia Pacific & Japan. In this role, you will build out the “opportunity engine” for the business and be a vital link between Field Marketing and our in-country Sales teams, as well as external customers as we grow the Infoblox footprint in this high-profile region.
You’re the ideal candidate if you understand the collective power of teams, are a natural at working the matrix, are relentless in pursuing results, and have a “never say die” attitude. You build cross-functional relationships and contribute to, influence, and realize sales and marketing plans and understand your success depends on your genuine interest in developing and mentoring talent to not only hit targets but to realize their best.
What you’ll do:
- Engage, inspire, and develop energetic business development reps (BDR) so they can deliver strong performance
- Own and be accountable for all inbound and outbound activities and the target for the whole team
- Manage the output/performance of the BDR team to hit and overachieve their targets
- Define, measure, and review performance against company goals and develop and execute get-well plans as needed
- Ensure each BDR has a structured and well-defined plan for focusing on the target account list from each account team
- Work closely to partner and engage with Sales, Marketing, Solution Architects, and the customer to validate the value proposition during the qualifying phase
- Create and develop campaigns, call scripts, and campaign calendars in collaboration with Sales and Marketing
- Provide frequent customer-facing services and solutions
What you’ll bring:
- 8 years of experience in business development, sales, and inside sales in the networking and security/cloud industry
- 3 to 5 years of experience leading and managing teams, as well as a proven track record of sales achievement and the ability to engage and inspire the team to go above and beyond
- A great sense of ownership, excellent problem-solving skills, and a knack for getting things done
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English and preferably another language
- The ability to flex between supporting, influencing, and advising
- Comfort with change and uncertainty and the ability to navigate a team through ambiguity
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and make effective decisions in difficult times while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Align with and be a strong partner to Marketing, regional directors, and the in-country Sales teams
- Have developed and been executing your plans to optimize and drive the performance of the BDR engine
- Achieve team targets and goals
- Tailor development and training plans for each of your team members
After about a year, you will…
- Integrate the team with Marketing and Sales teams to become the key engine for lead generation across the APJ business
- Be a critical member of the APJ leadership team that guides pipeline generation strategy
- Have built a highly engaged, high-performing team that consistently hits or exceeds team targets and metrics…and have fun along the way!
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.