Director of Business Transformation - Asia
Job ID 670
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Director of Business Transformation - Asia is responsible for the project development life cycle for several key strategic initiatives in Heifer Asia Region. As part of Heifer International Asia 2030 vision, Heifer Asia Region has identified several critical transformational activities and projects that will drive financial and programmatic results in the region. These projects and activities will require integration of tasks across functional areas, clear business requirements and timelines, and regular status reporting.
The Director of Business Transformation - Asia position will work closely with the Senior Vice President of Programs to provide support for this process. This position will support and monitor execution, learning and transformation across the Region. This position will lead the development of systems and processes that ensure adequate tracking of strategic initiatives and serve as a thought partner for regional strategy development and implementation. This position will also develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. S/he will identify critical capabilities, project resources, budgets and critical path issues.
This position must be able to both respond to and recommend changes in current initiatives and forecast future needs as Heifer implements Heifer Asia 2030 vision.
Detail-oriented, Organized, Energetic, Positive, Collaborative, Values-Led, Results-Oriented, Good Team Player, Passionate
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:A. Strategy Support - Regional Strategic Initiatives (30%)
- Under direction of the Senior Vice President of Programs and in collaboration with other teams, coordinate strategy, business planning, and project management for institutional initiatives.
- Ensure Asia wide strategic alignment of new initiatives and guide proposed new initiatives through the management process
- Make recommendations about initiative proposals to senior leadership based on strategic alignment.
- Communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers for current and future initiatives and potential implications on future results.
- Develop strategic internal and external partnerships that further strategic thinking and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to business intelligence by identifying intelligence gaps and profiling dynamic markets.
- Engage in strategic planning and tactical implementation of initiatives.
- Support the completion of a strategy action plan that manages the execution of initiatives.
- Provide cross-functional leadership to chart sategic direction in sync with Asia regional roadmaps.
- Research business problems and strategic objectives to develop business case elements, to include business problem, outcomes and benefits.
- Help to identify, assess and analyze business problems for effective strategy development.
- Coordinate across teams both within and outside of the Asia Region to write project plans for strategic initiatives.
- Review, consolidate, analyze data/information in the system and create documentation as needed for internal and external stakeholders and also track performance against goals and Heifer Asia 2030 vision
- Support initiatives across the project lifecycle from current state documentation, gap analysis, requirements gathering, future state design, and implementation.
- Provide status reporting of progress, dependencies, issues, risks and overall initiative health.
- Support any new initiative execution by helping the program owner.
- Work with a cross functional team on assigning tasks, establishing project deliverables and scheduling of those tasks and deliverables.
- Obtain approvals from primary stakeholder(s) and control project scope, priorities, and schedule.
- Contribute to thoughtful and creative discussions with project sponsor(s), stakeholders, department and division management on strategic goals, resources, scheduling, plans and challenges.
- Develop, review, and suggest revisions as needed on project management processes to ensure all steps are completed in an efficient manner.
- Provide high level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively engage in the transition of governance and management roles and responsibilities from central to region to country to signature programs
- Work alongside key stakeholders to prioritize areas of improvement, and drive change.
- Act as a change agent and guide to build cohesive networks of stakeholders that can lead and support initiatives.
- Support full-cycle change management efforts.
- Understand internal and external changes that come with large-scale implementations and the change management interventions which are used.
- Work with stakeholders to define and then execute change management strategies to enable regional transformation.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Project Management, Business Administration or related field with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience
- MA/MBA with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience (analyst, project management, product management, business case reporting, financial models)
- Project Management Certification
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Experience developing and delivering executive level communications and presentations
- Excellent communication skills – must develop, implement, and maintain sources of project information, and communicate and distribute appropriate information to stakeholders
- Multi-project management/portfolio management experience
- Highly skilled in virtual collaboration
- Ability to manage extremely dynamic projects that require self-motivation and the ability to develop innovative solutions independently or in a team of highly skilled professionals
- Coordinate and communicate with stakeholders across initiatives, program teams, and the global organization as necessary
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; ability to know what tools and approaches to use for varying environments, projects, or initiatives
- Combination of business intelligence and emotional intelligence demonstrated in strategy development, relationship management, change and project management
- Holistic understanding and application of organizational design, governance, management, and risk mitigation
- Strong systems solution and project/portfolio management experience
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to establish priorities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines
- Committed to learn Heifer’s values-based holistic community development model, Theory of Change, Cornerstones, and other Heifer established systems
- Ability to cooperate effectively and harmoniously with all stakeholders including different departments/leadership within Heifer, project partners and other organizations
- Effectively employ face-to-face, telephone, Zoom, email and other electronic communication with internal and external colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule and outside of normal business hours
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality at all times
Starting salary for this position is $111k USD annually. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competency.
**Disclaimer: Salary for this position is based on U.S. labor market and salary scale.”
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S.-based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection
- And more!