Collateral Analyst - Asset Based Lending
At the heart of First Business Bank, we believe success comes down to putting people first. Our people are our priority — they embody ambition, experience, and client focus. The result is extremely engaged employees who provide unmatched client satisfaction. With comprehensive total rewards to support our team members, a commitment to valuing each other’s differences, and a focus on improving our communities, we are confident you’ll find the experience is your advantage. We’re delighted you’re considering joining us!
More than 30 years ago, First Business Bank was founded on the fundamental idea that specialization leads to success. Part of a growing, publicly traded company, First Business Bank focuses on the unique needs of businesses and business leaders, leading to fewer clients, longer-lasting relationships, industry-leading service, and happier employees.
The Collateral Analyst provides ongoing quality customer service to clients of the bank through daily review and processing of their collateral reports, incoming collections, and advance requests. This position performs daily reconciliation of the loan portfolio and promptly assists clients with problems and questions regarding their cash management services.
Work Model: This position can provide flexibility of schedule (remote, hybrid, or onsite) depending on candidate preference.
Essential responsibilities of the Collateral Analyst:
- Review, process and verify collateral reports submitted by clients.
- Monitor and maintain quality of portfolio by alerting management of any discovered irregularities or suspected problems.
- Monitor client loan activity.
- Arrange for funds transfer when required.
- Verify and process client's incoming cash receipts via lockbox accounts and cash collateral accounts.
- Review and calculate ineligibles based upon a pre-determined schedule.
- Reconcile monthly accounts receivable agings and inventory reporting.
- Responsible for the preparation of the daily general ledger entries report and further reconciliation to financial records.
- Assist with month-end processing and reconciliation of monthly interest billings and reports.
- Associate’s degree in Business required
- Ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated success with written communication, and ability to assess and analyze information, formulate conclusions and recommendations, and prepare well-written reports that will be reviewed and presented
- Strong desire to be curious and inquisitive, and self-confidence to ask questions
First Business Financial Services, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.