Assistant GIS Specialist
The Assistant Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist will assist in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data for a wide variety of professional services. This position will assist in a variety GIS analysis, GIS data development, GIS data maintenance and data preparation for use in public safety GIS systems and regularly communicate project status to our customers, as customer service is a key component of the Assistant GIS Specialist position. The Assistant GIS Specialist will work closely within functional teams to deliver GIS data and GIS services to our clients, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, customer commitment, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement.
Location: Akron, OH / Reading, PA / Greensburg, PA - Onsite.
1 year contract - extendable
W2 employment only, No C2C, No Sponsorship
- Assist with GIS, data, and mapping for the Engineering, and Surveying departments while supporting both internal and external project teams.
- Assist in producing technical specifications, project approach, cost estimates and schedules.
- Assist with GIS mapping and data collection tasks.
- Utilize various software packages and information from various sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support field personnel as well as for deliverables.
- Assist with digital feature extraction from multiple data sources.
- Assist in the projections and transformations for project deliverables.
- Assist GIS system needs and requirements to implement improved work methods.
- Assist in the creation and updating of new and existing GIS maps and map layers and GPS data edition and representation using ArcGIS in support of field surveys.
- Assist with GPS data collection and post-processing for high accuracy data specifications.
- Assist with GIS metadata creation.
- Assist with the design extensions and add-ins for GIS applications such as ESRI ArcGIS Explorer for in-house use.
- Assist with land survey records search, ownership data research from various sources.
- Assist with georeference Raster and Vector data.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, environmental science, or closely related natural science field, with master's degree in similar field a plus.
- Position requires ability to work independently demonstrating accuracy, reliability, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- High attention to detail and organization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularity Excel.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document.
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.