Field Service Technician
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams has a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
Enphase Energy is looking for a Field Service Technician to provide on-site support to our Distribution and Installation Partners. This role will be responsible for making sure best-in-class service is provided
- Travel is required to cover the area of responsibilities of our customers.
- Service of Enphase (internal) PV and Storage systems in area of the Field Service Technician.
- Schedule customer site visits and coordinate activities between Enphase CS and system owners.
- Perform onsite testing and diagnostics of system performance and behavior
- Complete solar maintenance reports and paperwork
- Complete microinverter maintenance and update Enlighten monitoring system with changes
- Utilize relevant tools such as drills, level, square, tape measure, ladders, etc.
- Run conduit, copper pipe, flex, and pull wire
- Participate in regular safety trainings
- Maintain tool management standards
- Respond to customer needs promptly; Provide appropriate customer service
- Perform other duties as needed or directed
- Commits to OSHA Standard Safety procedures, above all else on jobsites
- Teaches and trains crew on proper techniques for installation
- Detail Oriented, ability to review designs and develop a job specific BOS
- Ability to work independently without oversight
- Committed to improving processes and efficiency, while maintaining high workmanship standards
- 2+ year's experience specific to electrical installations and service
- Commercial or Residential Electrical license desired
- High school diploma or GED or better
- Valid state driver license, insurable, clean DMV REQUIRED
- Effective communication skills; Presentation skills.
- Ability to work/complete/integrate multiple tasks
- Ability to learn various skills associated with tool use for a wide array of home improvement activities
- Detail oriented, accurate and thorough
- Possess positive team spirit and inspire same in co-workers
- Possess integrity and ethics
- Flexible and adaptable. Ability to manage frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to follows instructions; respond to management direction
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and decision-making abilities
- Time management skills.
- Knowledge of and observance of safety and security procedures
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word / Excel.
- NABCEP certification – Recommended/highly desirable
- Availability to work outside regular business hours
- Proficiency in reading and implementing plan sets
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds of tools, equipment, etc.
- Employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and hands and arms to reach
- Work on roofs, uneven surfaces, involving heights, tight spaces.
- Employee must frequently walk, stand, climb, or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Position will ascend/descend ladders
- Employee must use hand and power tools
- Work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Work may require extended work hours to complete assignments and/or reach goals.
- Salary (CA) $34.18 - $47.59/hr
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Short Term Disability Insurance (STD) & Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits (AD&D)
- Voluntary (Optional) Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)