Product Compliance Manager/Lead role
Enphase Energy is a global energy technology company and leading provider of solar, battery, and electric vehicle charging products. Founded in 2006, Enphase transformed the solar industry with our revolutionary microinverter technology, which turns sunlight into a safe, reliable, resilient, and scalable source of energy to power our lives. Today, the Enphase Energy System helps people make, use, save, and sell their own power. Enphase is also one of the fastest growing and innovative clean energy companies in the world, with approximately 68 million products installed across more than 145 countries.
We are building teams that are designing, developing, and manufacturing next-generation energy technologies and our work environment is fast-paced, fun and full of exciting new projects.
If you are passionate about advancing a more sustainable future, this is the perfect time to join Enphase!
About the role:
Enphase is introducing a new technology called Ensemble which allows seamless operation of energy resources such as inverters, storage systems, and loads to operate in a microgrid environment whether connected to a grid or not. This technology allows us to meet predefined Quality of Service specification and Economic objectives.
What will you do:
• Manage and engage with compliance team members to achieve deliverables
• Be a product compliance expert and work cross-functionally to develop compliance requirements.
• Assists Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Systems teams in clarifying technical details/interpretations of relevant test standards and identifies possible bias by standards testing entities.
• Recommends improvements to existing compliance testing and certification processes
• Perform product safety and grid interconnection/performance testing on Micro-Inverters, Battery Storage systems and Control systems
• Be a cross-functional team leader to achieve compliance timeline and certification deliverables.
• Manage and work with NRTL to produce test plans, datasheet/report reviews, reports, and certifications.
• Be proficient and a Team Champion with strong understanding of the following test standards:
• UL1741 SA, UL1998, IEEE 1547, UL9540, UL9540A, UL1973, IEC 62109
• FCC, CE, NOM, ISED, NEC, NFPA, and other product regulations.
Who you are and what you bring:
• BS or higher in electrical engineering/related field with 8+ years of proof of exceptional product compliance and homologation skills.
• 5+ years of team management and 8+ years of working experience in energy renewable space.
• Hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical systems and a strong understanding of how to solve complex product compliance challenges.
• Hands-on experience with Test equipment: O-scope, Power Analyzer, Hi-pot, High Current/Voltage Source, DAQ systems, thermal chambers, RLC loads, etc.
• Detailed knowledge of relevant National, UL, International, Grid connection and National Electric Codes standards. Knowledge of IEC and EN standards would be an advantage.
• Experience with electrical abuse/safety testing using high current switch controls, high voltage DC sources, and battery module thermal testing chambers.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Care
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Time
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Short Term Disability Insurance (STD) & Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
• Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits (AD&D)
• Voluntary (Optional) Life Insurance
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please submit all resumes in English.
The base pay range for this position is $120,000 to $170,000 per year. This salary range may be modified in the future. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, education or training, work location, and market conditions. This position is also eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.