Standards Engineer - APAC
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
Enphase is seeking a Standards Engineer to be a key member of our technical compliance team responsible for products compliance, product listings and the development of industry standards to ensure the success of Enphase’s mission of advancing a sustainable future for all.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation of energy generation and management systems. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects. With the world moving their attention to sustainability and renewable energy the chance for growth within Enphase is limitless.
The role will report to the Engineering Manager for the Asia-Pacific region, with direct access to the Director of compliance based at Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Using detailed knowledge of standards and industry best practices, guides engineering and testing disciplines towards the goal of standards compliance.
- Participate in national and international standards committees and to capture new and upcoming regulatory testing requirements.
- Gains regulatory agency approvals for product by demonstrating product compliance with standards.
- Leads the effort to gain and maintain self-certification status.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and recommends compliance and standards strategies that closely align with the company's strategic product roadmap (products, geographies, and timelines)
- Identifies and recommends compliance with standards that apply to the company’s current and future products. Standards analysis includes periodic review of coverage by technical area, by relevance and by geographic market.
- Regularly communicates new standards developments and technical findings to Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Product Verification teams.
- Assists Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Product Verification teams in clarifying technical details of relevant standards and identifies possible bias by standards testing entities.
- Supports success of compliance efforts by promoting early awareness of standards requirements. Contributes to the Engineering Requirements Documents as needed to ensure relevant standards are referenced.
- Interacts with third party accredited compliance verification entities to ensure Engineering and Product Verification have accurate interpretation of standards clauses
- Assist in other Quality related activities such as Failure Analysis.
- 5 years of experience in PV engineering compliance.
- CEC Design and/or Installation accreditation (including practical experience with distributed PV solar and energy storage applications).
- BS/MS in EE, CS or equivalent.
- Recent 5+ years’ experience in Compliance / Homologation testing of photovoltaic systems or power supplies.
- Detailed and working knowledge of relevant standards such as EN61730, IEC61000, IEC61683, EN50530, IEC61215, EN 50549-1, AS/NZS4777.1/2, AS/NZS5139, IEC 62109-1/2, IEC 62619 + other battery standards
- Working knowledge of AS3000 and AS3008 and CEC/CER requirements
- Licensed Master Electrician a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, domestically and at times internationally as needed to support needs of the business.
- Permission to work in Australia
About Enphase Energy
Enphase Energy is a multi-national company with many global locations, sales and marketing, operations, and research and development.
Find out more: