Associate Engineer - Moodle (Learning Management System) Developer and Administrator
Associate Engineer Moodle (Learning Management System) Developer and Administrator
Department (Cost Center)
IN - Bangalore
# of Openings
Travel Required (Yes/No)
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
About the Role
Implementation Tasks and Ongoing Responsibilities
The successful candidate will implement and manage a robust Moodle implementation for internal and external Enphase customers numbering in the thousands.
This PHP & Moodle Developer performs a key role in creating and maintaining Enphase University based on Moodle and PHP, including design, configurations, branding and customization.
This position provides a great opportunity for PHP developers for growing skills and gaining experience in a fast-paced environment by interacting with the customers and building enterprise-level applications based on PHP/Moodle
What needs to be done:
· Designing and building enterprise-level learning management systems based on Moodle/PHP
· The candidate should be a hands-on developer. So, the candidate’s current roles should involve in coding and development.
· Perform design, configure, customize, and implement responsive and effective LMS systems.
· Understand the existing multi-tenancy features and develop/customize the Moodle architecture.
· Integrate with plugins when required, write scripts to automate Moodle routines and processes.
· Planning and implementing API integrations with third parties when required
· Should be extremely passionate to work and implement new and different technologies and should come up with new initiatives to scale up the project.
· Strong SQL development skills writing fine-tuned queries, stored procedures, triggers etc. and design skills (data normalization, foreign key constraints, indexes, etc.)
· Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers.
· Analyze business processes, and user requirements to establish Moodle.
· Support Moodle/PHP implementations and resolve any technical issues.
· Coordinate with other teams to fix the API related issues.
· Integrate Moodle with LDAP/SSO/CAS authentication and with any other platforms(Ex: ERP, CMS, PeopleSoft, Stripe, payment gateway)
· Must have knowledge in Moodle API for integrate Moodle mobile app.
· Must have experience in Moodle mobile app.
· Basic knowledge required in angular JS and ionic.
· Through understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Plan, Design, Development, Testing)
· Install Moodle environment on Enphase (AWS or other) servers with the assistance of IT
· Create structures (profiles, templates) for Enphase employees and external customers
· Create multiple training tracks for each audience type (internal, external)
· Create accounts for employees, assign trainings by function
· Manage internal beta test of LMS
· Create automated, self-registration system for external customers
· Automate assignments for validated external users
· Implement certification program for various user types
· Implement reporting on employee learning status, external learning attainment, by individual, by position-specific training tracks, by company account
· Work with worldwide training team to implement courseware
· Serves as Chief Administrator for the Enphase University based on Moodle.
· Provides Tier 2 support for LMS Help Desk
· Serves as SME for Moodle based LMS with an ability to investigate, evaluate and implement appropriate new functions.
· Experienced Moodle and PHP developer
· Thorough understanding of various Moodle modules and experience in Customizing Moodle functionalities and developing custom themes for Moodle
· 1+years of experience in integrating plug-ins and writing new plug-ins to extend the Moodle system core features
· 1+ years of experience in XML data structures and Web Services (SOA)
· 1+ years of experience in MySQL and other RDBMS
· Proven experience with Moodle API and integration with third-party systems
· Experience in managing AWS Environment would be an added advantage
· Knowledge in Zend, Joomla, Drupal or WordPress would be a plus
· Demonstrated experience in providing superior customer service skills.
· Skill in handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while meeting project deadlines.
· Proven skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
· Excel at quickly processing and resolving issues
· Comfort and enthusiasm in a support role and helping others
· High attention to detail and commitment to a quality product
· Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
· Technologically independent
· Self-motivated with the ability to track, prioritize, and follow up on multiple projects
· Strong analytical skills and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment interfacing with internal and external customers worldwide