Principal Systems Engineer, EV Charging and V2G
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all!
We are seeking an EV Charging and Vehicle-To-Grid (V2G) Principal Systems Engineer who will work in EVSE group and help build best in class EVSE products and unified energy experience for our customer.
As an EV Charging and Vehicle-To-Grid (V2G) Principal Systems Engineer, the successful candidate will lead the architecture and development of new charging systems and vehicle-to-grid (V2G) bidirectional charging. The candidate will also be participating in the architecture of several charging systems developed at Enphase Energy, including the development of new connectivity methods and new metering.
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Develop Single- and three-phase AC/DC bidirectional power systems, and integrate the same with PV inverters and EV charging systems
- Use his/her rich experience in the EV charging domain to drive the architecture and development of new systems, including EV connectivity, metering and V2G applications.
- Develop system requirement and cascade requirements to specific components for all charging control systems in response to solar, micro-inverters, battery, energy management, and typical EVSE’s and charging-related components and/or demands using a requirements management tool.
- Implement an energy transfer strategy with hardware and software that is within the bounds of ISO15118 standards
- Author the systems requirement document (SRD) along with architectural documents including but not limited to the interface documents, sequence diagrams and integration plans.
- Lead the integration efforts once prototypes are made available in the systems engineering labs, including communication and power testing efforts, to make sure that the design meets the initial design.
Report on progress to management, orally and in presentation form.
- Will establish relationships with key partners that are relevant to the domain.
- Execute validation, system management, FMEA, and diagnostic requirements for the management of EVSE.
- BS with 15 years of experience, or Masters with 12 years of experience, or Ph.D. with 8 years of experience in EV charging systems, with recent experience in V2G.
- Good working knowledge of EV communication protocols like SAE-J1772, ISO-15118, CHAdeMO.
- Good understanding of governing standards for charging and V2G systems and experience developing systems that have a mix of HW/FW and embedded SW Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience in the lab with EV systems and strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession with product excellence, and an ability to move fast in a high-performing environment
- Relevant experience with functional safety, metering, UL/CE, energy star, MID certifications and compliances.
- Familiarity with EVSE and EV communication and connectors with various charging standards.
- Relevant experience including solar micro-inverters, semiconductor, design engineering, architecture, sensors, hardware, solar renewable energy, product development with EV charging stations.
- Work with Engineering group to lead and launch new products, reliability, quality and regulatory teams to ensure EV product delivered on-time.
- Experience in design, developing processes and standards for cable and harness, custom connector systems, working suppliers supporting offshore manufacturing activities to delivery high volume interconnect modules and products
- Experience in renewable energy systems
- Experience in power electronics, power conversion and electromechanical systems
- SW programming skills including C/C++ and Python