EVSE Business Counsel
Enphase Energy is a global energy technology company and leading provider of solar, battery, and electric vehicle charging products. Founded in 2006, Enphase transformed the solar industry with our revolutionary microinverter technology, which turns sunlight into a safe, reliable, resilient, and scalable source of energy to power our lives. Today, the Enphase Energy System helps people make, use, save, and sell their own power. Enphase is also one of the fastest growing and innovative clean energy companies in the world, with approximately 68 million products installed across more than 145 countries.
We are building teams that are designing, developing, and manufacturing next-generation energy technologies and our work environment is fast-paced, fun and full of exciting new projects.
If you are passionate about advancing a more sustainable future, this is the perfect time to join Enphase!
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Business Counsel to help support the Electric Vehicle Sales, Marketing, and Product teams at our fast-growth, global, high-tech solar energy company. In this role, you will primarily be responsible for providing legal support for the domestic and international expansion of our Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) business. You will integrate with the EVSE business team to structure and draft a variety of domestic and international B2B and B2C sales agreements, pricing programs, product warranties, e-Commerce initiatives, marketing promotions, and responses to RFPs. You will also review EVSE marketing materials for legal compliance. Additionally, you may assist in providing legal support to other commercial transactions pertaining to Enphase’s microinverter and storage products and related services as needed. The ideal candidate should have outstanding drafting skills, be capable of taking on new challenges and working independently, with a “can-do” attitude, in a very fast-paced and constantly evolving business environment. The position is based in our Fremont, CA headquarters, but can be remote.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborating with various businesses units to identify and mitigate risk, and to structure, draft, and negotiate a wide range of domestic and international commercial agreements including marketing, distribution, channel reseller, installer, and IP licensing agreements in connection with the sale of our cutting-edge residential and small commercial solar energy, storage, EVSE, and related products;
• Structuring and drafting pricing agreements, rebate agreements, and other promotions;
• Liaising with all necessary cross-functional business clients on all such agreements;
• Reviewing marketing materials, web content, promotional offerings, and other customer facing communications relating to business unit activities;
• Working cross-functionally within the Legal team on related regulatory and compliance matters, such as data and consumer privacy, and data security, as appropriate;
• Creating and maintaining template agreements and refining other legal agreements, processes, and forms;
• Supporting the Legal team in developing, implementing, and enforcing legal and compliance policies and playbooks;
• Working cross-functionally within the company to influence and create actionable initiatives and reduce legal risk; and
• Performing other relevant duties and tasks as requested or necessary.
Who you are and what you bring:
• Interested in continuing to expand their career as an international commercial and technology transactions lawyer supporting a hyper-growth energy technology company;
• Eager to learn and take on the challenge of handling a broad range of B2B and B2C commercial matters;
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team, taking ownership and responsibility for completing projects;
• Able to support a variety of legal initiatives, including collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders;
• Prepared for an immediate hands-on experience with an accelerated learning curve consistent with Enphase’s culture and values; and
• Energetic, with a positive mindset and “can-do” attitude.
• JD degree from a nationally recognized ABA accredited law school
• Member in good standing of the California State Bar or other State Bar, as applicable;
• At least 8 years’ experience working in commercial, technology, and transactional matters, preferably in tech and supporting sales organizations;
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills with an ability to speak “non-lawyer” with business partners throughout the company;
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, and organizational skills;
• Ability to be flexible, to think strategically and to balance legal risks against business concerns;
• Eagerness to learn about new technologies and business models;
• Possess high integrity, ethics, a good attitude, and a strong & persuasive personality with demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced environment; and
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build enduring relationships.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Care
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Time
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Short Term Disability Insurance (STD) & Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
• Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits (AD&D)
• Voluntary (Optional) Life Insurance
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please submit all resumes in English.
The base pay range for this position is $170,000 to $225,000 per year. This salary range may be modified in the future. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, education or training, work location, and market conditions. This position is also eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.