Director, Ontario Health Services Operations
Director, Ontario Health Services Operations
Where YOU work, makes a difference.
Life is precious and every moment matters. Dynacare is helping Canadians achieve a healthy future with care and wellness solutions that are convenient, understandable, and accessible. When you join our team, every day is an opportunity to get better and be inspired. It’s an environment where you can grow your career in any direction you choose. We’re evolving our technology and optimizing our processes, so you can do your best work, make a meaningful impact, and thrive.
Are YOU our next Director, Ontario Health Services Operations?
At Dynacare, we are focused on supporting healthy lives of Canadians with commitment and care. Every day our employees impact the lives of tens of thousands of patients and healthcare providers across Canada by delivering high-quality laboratory and health services. If you’re looking for a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to have a positive impact on the lives of others, Dynacare may be the place for you!
As the Director, Health Services Operations, reporting into the Vice President of Operations, you shall oversee and continually improve Laboratory Health Services Centres (LHSC’s) across Ontario (104 LHSC locations and ~650 employees). This position is accountable to upholding our Vision, Mission, Strategic and Operational objectives in accordance with Dynacare values.
If you strive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment, this opportunity may be for you!
Why Dynacare is an amazing place for YOU:
· Join an award-winning "Top Employer" with meaningful and impactful career opportunities.
· Access a health and wellness benefits program that supports you and your loved ones.
· Grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company through internal mobility opportunities.
· Invest in your future through RRSP match benefits and an employee stock purchase program.
· Experience a collaborative, diverse workforce that prioritizes dignity and respect for all.
How YOU will make a difference:
· Accountable for all operational aspects of running Laboratory Health Services Centers (LHSC’S) for non-union and unionized locations in Ontario
· Drive improvements in time, cost, quality and service
· Drive a continuous improvement and a customer centric culture
· Develop and implement strategies that maintain and improve employee relations and that engage and empower employees to meet and exceed customer expectations
· Develop and implement strategies that provide inspirational customer experiences in (LHSC’s)
· Drive improvements in patient services time, cost, quality and service (quality delivery oversight, lead team to achieve customer service standards for both quality and turnaround measures in a continually changing environment, including problem identification and resolution)
· Provide input to the Vice President, Operations’ strategic and operational plans and directions
· Ensure an understanding of Dynacare’s business plan and Vice President, Operations’ business plan throughout the laboratory and patient services departments and ensure ongoing effective positioning and integration of these operations throughout the organization in order to create and sustain organization success
· Ensure the delivery of optimal patient services results against appropriate performance metrics (systems, processes, procedures, and activities)
· Establish, plan, monitor, measure and report LHSC performance metrics
· Analyze and identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiency
· Strategically plan and identify for the LHSC business in Ontario, the necessary budget requirements, the provision of leading-edge technology and, exceptional service to client groups
People / Team Leadership
· Provide leadership in planning and managing LHSC resource requirements to ensure a high level of service and delivery.
· As a leader, role model and coach, foster an environment of positive employee relations, strong teamwork, and employee engagement.
· Create an environment of trust and open communication, by sharing information in a timely manner and encouraging multi-directional feedback.
· Act as a coach to promote career growth opportunities, educational pursuits, and participation in internal development programs.
· Manage people resources for optimal workforce planning, recruitment, performance goal setting, training, scheduling and effective workflow.
· Implement a talent strategy to aligned to talent current and future talent needs through recruitment & selection, employee development, EDI (equity, diversity & inclusion), workforce planning and succession planning.
· Set expectations, counsel, coach and manage employee performance on an on-going basis and in relation to their performance.
· Develop, implement and monitor employee engagement initiatives in partnership with other leaders and HR to increase team performance and retention.
· Recognize team and employee achievement.
· Facilitate effective and collaborative working relationships among staff.
· Manage budgets, operational plans and department expenses.
· Lead the department’s annual performance and salary review process.
· Manage vendors to ensure best value for services or products provided, including sourcing, negotiating, and performance.
· Utilize reportson performance metrics, incidentreports, customer satisfaction surveys to take action that increase productivity and service delivery.
· Negotiate collective bargaining agreements
What YOU bring to the role:
· Minimum 10 years of broad people leadership experience including 5 years in a senior leadership role across multi-disciplines and multi-sites in unionized and non-unionized environments
· Exceptional emotional intelligence and influencing skills
· Excellent knowledge of business analysis techniques and industry best practices
· Strong understanding of customer centricity/service of excellence and customer service skills to support both internal and external relationships
· Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies/ Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
· Knowledge of occupational health and safety
· Knowledge of Health Care System and Ontario funding models
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, health care or related field
· Comfortable with Lean Six Sigma concepts
· Strong financial and project management skills
· Capability to develop and implement and 1 to 2 year business plan
Social Process Skills
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Strong leadership presence with change management and communication skills
· Results oriented with strong bias for action
· Effective at conflict resolution
· Capacity to work effectively as a member of the Operations team and build and lead the LHSC team
· Able to effectively lead, manage and participate in a cross-functional environment in support of the corporate goals and objectives
Passionate about supporting healthy lives with commitment and care? Please apply today and let us open the door to your extended career journey.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work. At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement, and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.