Manager, Customer Care
Dynacare is looking for a Manager, Contact Centre Operations & Customer Care in Ottawa, ON. This is a permanent Full-time role.
Reporting to Director, Customer Care Contact Centre Operations, the manager, is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the department(s) both at administrative and operational levels by: ensuring overall service excellence, utilization of resources, budget implementation, the on-going performance management and development of staff, establishing and maintaining a superior customer care experience, developing and initiating programs, enterprise-wide projects and policies that consistently promote Dynacare quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for driving changes that improve the customer and employee experience
- Partner with all departments, subject matter experts, and customer facing teams to maintain a strong knowledge level and understanding of the needs of the business
- Provide assistance to customers related to all of the Dynacare Laboratory services and direct customer contacts as required
- Work within a defined budget to manage all channels of communication with our clients: social media customer contact experience, web-based interactions and phone calls while maintaining and improving existing KPI’s
- Prepare contact center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Make process improvement decisions based on data as well as feedback from customers and front-line staff
- Monitor and take ownership of escalated complaints and ensure proper resolution / follow-up
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for undertaking new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Prepare detailed, multi-departmental budgets (including Capital Expense / project and Operational segments) and operate within budget(s) as approved
- Observe and review employee interactions with customers (via our call quality program) to ensure that the customer experience is a “WOW” experience and that all policies and regulations are being adhered to
- Develop staff and build succession plans
- Interview and hire call center staff, provide training, create work schedules, approve timesheets, and manage staff
- Assist in identifying, developing, evaluating and implementing new processes or procedures which improve customer experience, service levels, reduce costs, and reduce the complexity of work being done by front-line employees
- Seek out new opportunities for improvement in all functional areas based upon the “Voice of the Customer”
- Liaise with all departments at Dynacare
- Communicate with customers on behalf of other Dynacare departments (ie: be the company’s voice with customers and vice versa)
- Take ownership and problem solve escalated patients/physicians/client issues until resolution
- Train Customer Service staff on new policies, procedures, software.
- Take ownership of Continuous Improvement projects
- Advocate the Voice of the Customer within and without Dynacare
- Coordinate with all functional areas to drive positive change with the customer experience in mind.
- 5 - 10 years previous management experience in Multi-Channel Customer Care or Contact Centre environment including the following:
- Experience working with a CRM
- Experience in motivating, developing and managing people
- Must have strong working knowledge of regional Privacy Regulations and the legal requirements of patient consent
- In-depth knowledge of Multi-Channel Contact Centre statistics, management reports and KPI’s
- Skilled at planning, preparing, and devising work schedules, according to budgets and workloads.
- Understanding of the principles and processes for providing customer care. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher (preferred)
- Strong experience in applying project management principles and techniques
- Experience working within a defined budget
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to multi-task and prioritize within a fast-paced environment
- Able to work collaboratively and professionally, sometimes stressful environment with competing deadlines while maintaining a positive approach
- Must be able to find a customer-centric view to all issues
- Must have a strong bias for action
- Ability to organize and complete projects accurately, on time and in a team environment
- High attention to detail and an innovative thinker who can provide solutions to complex and recurring issues
- Ability to maintain positive, strong working relationships
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of CISCO Telephony platforms (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with AS400
Nice to have
- Must enjoy communicating with and helping customers of all kinds
- Ability to think critically and creatively to solve complex problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to be able to clearly articulate issues, concerns and enquiries
- Demonstrated leadership ability in motivating, directing, and managing diverse staff
- Demonstrated success at building relationships and collaborating with a network of internal and external colleagues and subject matter experts
- Skilled at working cross-functionally to resolve problems and expedite work
- Strong change management skills
- Must have a customer-centric approach in all things
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.