Job Posting: Clinical Chemist
Where YOU work, makes a difference.
Life is precious and every moment matters. Dynacare is helping Canadians achieve a healthy future with care and wellness solutions that are convenient, understandable, and accessible. When you join our team, every day is an opportunity to get better and be inspired. It’s an environment where you can grow your career in any direction you choose. We’re evolving our technology and optimizing our processes, so you can do your best work, make a meaningful impact, and thrive.
Are YOU our next Clinical Chemist?
As Clinical Chemist, reporting into the Scientific Director of Chemistry, you will be responsible for providing Technical & Scientific Expertise in the discipline of Chemistry thereby allowing for dedicated & national focus on science and technology issues, common standards and discipline-specific planning. The Clinical Chemist, Chemistry is accountable for the goodness of Chemistry by developing solutions, managing initiatives and continuously improving Chemistry to support the achievement of Immediate Manager’s Vision, Mission, Strategic and Operational objectives in accordance with Dynacare values.
This is full-time permanent position based in Brampton, ON, supporting all of Dynacare’s clinical sites in Brampton, London, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Montreal and Kelowna.
Internal job posting closes on November 1, 2023 at 5:00pm(EST).
Why Dynacare is an amazing place for YOU:
· Join an award-winning "Top Employer" with meaningful and impactful career opportunities.
· Access a health and wellness benefits program that supports you and your loved ones.
· Grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company through internal mobility opportunities.
· Invest in your future through RRSP match benefits and an employee stock purchase program.
· Experience a collaborative, diverse workforce that prioritizes dignity and respect for all.
How YOU will make a difference:
· Provide input to Immediate Manager’s strategic and operational plans and directions and ensure on-going effective positioning and integration of Chemistry throughout the organization in order to create and sustain organization success
· Develop, implement and review stratum appropriate (3 month to 1 year) business plan within the context of Immediate Manager’s business plan (including mission, vision, values, strategic positioning, operational plan and resource plan)
· Ensure business plans and deliverables are aligned and integrated, stratum appropriate and throughout Chemistry Discipline to achieve performance expectations and decided metrics
· Assess competition and market opportunities and threats; recommend appropriate plans; and implement decided actions (when relevant)
· Ensure the delivery of optimal Chemistry results against appropriate performance metrics (systems, processes, procedures and activities)
· Establish, monitor, measure and report Chemistry performance metrics; analyze and identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure efficient utilization of resources and testing, overall technical excellence, liaison with licensing and accreditation authorities, physicians and other care-givers, meeting customer expectations, effectiveness and efficiency (e.g., quality, reliability, accuracy of reports/results); employee satisfaction
· Strategically plan and identify for Chemistry, the necessary budget requirements, and the provision of leading-edge technology, equipment platforms, automation solutions, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory and Compliance needs
· Provide leadership with respect to the innovative use of advanced science and technology, the provision of expert knowledge and meaningful information to our customers and the overall enhancement of Dynacare scientific vision and reputation
· Serve as a resource to all of Dynacare in interpretation of Chemistry tests/results, test information and method validation. Communicate with associated clients, and Dynacare sub-functions as required
· Provide expert knowledge with respect to the development of a comprehensive menu of tests in order to position Dynacare to contribute significantly to the prediction, prevention and early detection of disease, improved diagnosis, treatment and disease management
· To ensure the practice of Good Laboratory Medicine throughout Dynacare as it pertains to Chemistry by providing the necessary oversight, advice, direction and continuing education for staff as required
· To maintain and enhance the integrity of Chemistry function with the organization and to promote external visibility through presentations, publications and appropriate representation on external provincial and national committees and international committees
· Manage self for optimal performance, through effective cross-functional accountability and authority practices (when relevant) within Immediate Manager’s context and prescribed limits
· Develop and nurture a culture of safety, quality, service, performance, innovation, adaptiveness in all tasks performed
· Develop, implement and review control mechanisms and processes to ensure compliance to policies, standards, regulatory requirements and Dynacare requirements and ensure mitigation of risks.
· Develop and maintain (geographical/functional) networks and apply knowledge to plans and actions (when relevant)
· Establish and enhance Dynacare Chemistry profile in industry and community (when relevant)
What YOU bring to the role:
· Knowledge of Clinical Biochemistry principles, theory, techniques and applications
· Knowledge of Standards and Regulatory Requirements in Medical/ Clinical Laboratory Testing Related to Clinical Biochemistry
· Knowledge of QMP-LS and CAP Proficiency requirements
· Understanding of Laboratory Operations
· Ability to plan and execute projects
· The candidate must hold a PhD degree and be certified (or eligible for certification) in clinical chemistry by the Canadian Academy of Clinical Biochemistry (CACB) and/or the American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC).
Passionate about supporting healthy lives with commitment and care? Please apply today and let us open the door to your extended career journey.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work. At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.