Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
Take on the challenges and rewards of a career that will take you far.
Dumas is a leading full-service mining contractor operating in the Americas. The company’s client list includes some of the world’s largest and most respected mining companies.
Dumas is the contractor of choice for the most technically challenging underground projects, including mine construction, full-scale mine development, production mining, mine services and engineering.
Dumas is looking for a Director of Human Resources whose primary focus will be to provide a human resource management strategy that maximizes the investment of the organization’s human capital and minimize financial risk. This is achieved by aligning the supply of skilled and qualified individuals and the capabilities of the workforce, with the organization’s ongoing and future business plans by ensuring workplace respect and attention to legal & ethical issues.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of Human Resources.
- Plan Human Resource requirements in conjunction with other departmental managers.
- Oversee internal and external training and recruitment activities.
- Develop and implement labour relations policies and procedures and negotiate employment contracts.
- Develop and communicate strategies to retain high performing and critical employees through focused succession planning and development activities.
- Maintain an effective HRIS system that is appropriate to company size, and location of work, that permits access to employee records while maintaining employee privacy rights.
- Expand various developmental programs such as apprenticeship programs, career development, and internships to enhance employee qualification for promotional opportunities, career advancement, organizational backup and job enrichment.
- Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of human resource policies, laws and regulations.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate personnel and labour relations strategies including policies, programs and procedures to address the company’s Human Resources requirements.
- Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales and competency appraisal measures systems.
- Oversee process for Recruiting, Interviewing, Hiring, Discipline and Terminations of staff.
- Ensure proper administration of the benefit plans and research benefit carriers for best plan that assists in employee recruitment and retention.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of monthly reporting.
- Ensure the delivery of established company policies and procedures.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to personnel management, such as business administration, industrial relations, etc.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience, a mixture of business and human resource management experience an asset.
- Completion of a professional development program in Human Resources required.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Well-developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to solve HR related issues related to regulations, laws and policies.
- Must be proficient in the English language, Spanish an asset.
Why Join Us?
- Excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- Performance-based financial rewards.
- Commitment to health and safety.
- Training and career development.
- Global opportunities.
Send us your resume and transcripts via our website, www.dumasmining.com. There is a spot on the Careers page to upload your paperwork.
Dumas Contracting Ltd. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We really appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.