Senior SW Engineer
Concept Plus is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to help support development and leadership efforts on a web-based database application. The Engineer must have solid skills with Java and familiarity with Oracle database integration, software development lifecycle, and mentoring/working collaboratively with other team members (Sr. and Mid-level developers, business analysts, testers, DBAs). The Engineer will help to design, develop and implement solutions, document and/or present technical aspects of solutions and support testing and validation of applications. They should be able to work well in fast paced environment, sort through complex issues to see a path forward, and work collaboratively with stakeholders and others toward workable solutions. Excellent communication skills, leadership experience, experience within Health IT, Federal agency experience (DoD preferred), and Agile Scrum are all preferred.
Must have a secret clearance to be considered for the position.
- Apply industry best practices and techniques to design, develop, test, deploy, support, and maintain complex Java applications based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Assist in project planning and architectural design reviews. Helping to plan for future system design and development updates.
- Mentor and guide development team with any programming issues, ensuring collaboration, troubleshooting, and path to resolution.
- Communicate with team, customer, and DHA stakeholders in a clear, concise, timely, and professional manner.
- Support documentation needs such as Installation and Deployment guides, Software Design documents, SOP’s, etc.
- Work closely with Technical Lead to assist in development, troubleshooting, deployments, task assignments, and serve as a back-up for the Technical Lead when needed.
- Exhibit leadership in cross-functional development practices and application ownership
- Function in a dynamic environment with the ability to interact with other government and contracting teams
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Technology Management, or a degree in a closely related field
- DoD Secret Clearance
- 5+ years of experience development experience
- Certifications: CompTIA Security+ certificate (can be completed after joining the team)
- Strong experience in delivering enterprise solutions with Java, Spring framework using Spring Boot, JDBC, Security and MVC
- Extensive experience developing and consuming REST webservices and working in a micro-service environment
- Mid-level knowledge of Git, JDBC, SQL, database-stored procedures and isolation levels, JPA, SOAP, REST and XML
- Experience with AWS GovCloud, UNIX/AIX, WebLogic, and/or Oracle database and management tools
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Familiarity with Federal cybersecurity compliance work
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with DoD, DHA, VA, DISA environments preferred.
- Kanban Agile experience
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Active Duty, Reserve or Guard experience, US Military
Concept Plus is a growing SDB and 8(a) certified consulting firm headquartered in Fairfax, VA. We are an Oracle Platinum Partner, offering deep technical expertise, combined with business insights and an experienced team focused on providing technical solutions for our clients. We are proud to have been recognized as one of the "25 Most Powerful Oracle Solution Providers" in the area! We offer great benefits including competitive pay, comprehensive health insurance, dental and vision insurance, paid life insurance, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, bonuses, tuition reimbursement, unlimited training, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, flexible, innovative environment! For additional information about our dynamic organization, please visit our website at www.conceptplusllc.com. Concept Plus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we will give your application full consideration without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law